Kind things people have done for you

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Astroboy907, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Just like the title says, what's a kind thing someone did for you recently? The people that do some kind, selfless things in our lives are usually the ones who are never thanked.

For example, and I suppose it's a bit cliché, but nearly everyone at school stops and holds the door open for me if I'm behind them. Little and pretty inconsequential, but it's nice to know you are not invisible even to someone you may not know at all.

2. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I always hold the door open for people anywhere I am no matter who they are. People always hold the door open for me too. I guess it's a common courtesy around here (middle TN).

As far as the last thing someone did nice for me -- my A&P2 professor cancelled my exam as well as cancelled class that is on Friday morning about 3 hours ago. Its 2am here. That's good enough for me because I have another exam tomorrow (well today) too.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Left my back garage door open and one of my neighbors came and told me. Very nice of him as my garage is full of tools, both mechanic & wood working, plus my motorcycles. All things that are easily stolen. I was very thankful.

4. three macrumors 6502a

three

I'm always in a better mood after someone gives me a smile. Had one today, just made the current situation I am in better.

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I have a good friend who is always willing to help me work on my car so that I can save money by doing repairs myself. I know little to nothing about cars, but he's always willing to sacrifice his time to help me out. In fact I think we are going to work on something this weekend. It's good to have kind friends. :D

6. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

A friend took an afternoon off from work so he could inspect a used car I wound up buying.

7. kingdLo macrumors 6502

8. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

My boss did something very nice for me in her office once.
    I've always had this thing for mahogany desks after that. :D