Kinda broke my mouse. Recommend me a new one.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Topher15, May 23, 2009.

1. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

I spilt Dr. Pepper over my mouse yesterday. :eek:

The middle mouse scroll wheel button wouldn't work. (It does work now although I kinda broke the rubber covering when attempting to dry it.)

What was bizarre is that active screen corners strangely did not work either, and neither would the mouse icon changed when I rollover a link or some text, two things that I though would be to do with the OS (particularly screen corners at least). I used past tense since it now works as usual.

I'm gonna get a new mouse anyway because the left button click isn't quite right, but does anyone know why spilling liquid on the mouse would cause this seemingly OS related problems?

Anyhow... anyone want to recommend a mouse? The one I want to replace is the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000.

Cheers.

2. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

Sorry for that!
    I've just seen an AD for this one http://www.targus.com/us/formac/
    Available as BT ofr wireless laser (USB connector). Never used it, though.
    Is it worth a try?
    ALternatively, I do have a Microsoft BT 5000 mouse. Which works quite fine. And it has batteries which last almost twice as the Mighty mouse batteries.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Kensington Slimblade trackball or Logitech V470

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Everyone has their favorite mouse. It depends a lot on personal preferences and what you do with the mouse. A gaming mouse needs fine resolution, for example.

6. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

I am using the Windows Wireless Laser Mouse 5000, and I really like it.

Then again, mouse preference is very much personal preference. I can't stand the mighty mouse while my friend loves hers.

7. cm1 macrumors newbie

I bought a Rocketfish BT laser mouse on clearance at my local Best Buy for $25. Works like a charm, and is the perfect size for my hand. Some of the less expensive travel-sized BT mice are just too small to be comfortable.

You can get a nice USB mouse for a little less, but not much. And why tie up the port if you don't need to?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...mouse&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1205537714540

8. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Another MX Revolution vote. Best mouse I have ever used.

9. rekhyt macrumors 65816

I use a Kensington one. Jet black and very thin. :D Great for casual gaming and ok for designing, although I use some other stuff for designing.

10. DavidR91 macrumors member

I recently bought a Microsoft Explorer Mouse (Full size, not the mini one). It's the first wireless mouse I've ever owned, and at the same time, easily the best mouse too. Good battery life, great tracking (on lots of surfaces - in particular the weird wooden surface on my desk, the reason I bought it) and a very nice ergonomic + visual design. I highly recommend it (and it takes standard NimH rechargeable, and comes with a little docking stand thing to charge it on)

The only down side is the use of a proprietary radio transceiver rather than bluetooth (so a separate little USB stick) but this poses no issue to me (I have it plugged in the left of the mac keyboard)

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

You can't go wrong with logitech. They have lots of great choices for both wired and wireless, and their mice are comfortable, functional, and reliable.