Kinda confuse with the upgrade option, would someone plz explain to me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hypeber, Jun 7, 2010.

1. hypeber macrumors newbie

I got my iphone 3GS when it first came out. I believe it was on July 20th 2009. I entered *639# and it showed me this following message:

"You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing at a participating retail sales location. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 02/20/2011 ."

so this mean i can not get to upgrade iPhone 4 for 200 and have to pay full retail price for it.

and then this is the confusing part. My girlfriend just signed a 2 year contract with iPhone 3Gs last Christmas and when I entered *639#. it showed this following message:

"As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee."

so she can upgrade the phone for 200, right?

I dont quite understand why she can get a discount and I can't especially when i have it longer than she does. I was also eating dinner with 2 of my other friends, and one them can do the upgrade too even though she only used it a little more than 6 months. I had another friend who got the 3GS about the same time i got mine, but he is eligible for a discounted iphone for a higher price? So how does att determine this discounts?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

wait til the dust settles. AT&T's servers are updating the elegibility pages, and being overloaded.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This is another way of saying it's an early upgrade at a reduced discount, not a full discount. A standard upgrade is another way of saying you're eligible for a full discount.

If the plan is $100 a month, the primary line is eligible after a year. Less than $100 is 18 months. However, anyone eligible in 2010 will be eligible this month.