Kinda random...taxes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DownSetDana, May 21, 2007.

1. DownSetDana macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just got my Federal Tax Refund on Saturday. Now I'm waiting for the State Tax Refund, once I get this, I'll be on my way to buy my Macbook. But the thing is, I'm anticipating this arrival so badly, and I just need to know how long it takes, or if it comes around the same time as the federal check. I sent them both out the same day (Around April) and i just got the federal check saturday, and now its tuesday, and i'm wondering if it will be here this week.

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Be patient ... there often is a lag of time between when federal and state tax refunds are received. Absent any type of processing difficulty, you should have it withiin 2 weeks.

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I sent mine in sometime in January last year, and got the refund in December. Granted, they lost the first check, then had to issue a new one - which was refused (the issuance, that is), which led to more delays, then I moved and the IRS didn't get my new info from the USPS or me, though I called - then I got my check.

So... I'd say a month or two is what you're most likely looking at. Since you're not me.

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I think there was about a week delay for mine, but I got the state refund first.