Kinda regret, getting an Ipod Touch(32 Gig)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luffytubby, Jun 10, 2008.

1. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

No it's an awesome piece of kit. I just got it a few days ago. I guess, it's just with the hole Iphone thing that I just,... I don't know regret it!?:/

What is good about the Touch, compared to the Iphone? Having 32 GB is great for more video and music, but is there anything cool about the Touch over the Iphone?

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Just the phone. And the GPS. That's all you're missing out on. You'll have to pay 10 bucks to upgrade to the new 2.0 software, but you'll have access to all the cool programs and games.

3. only macrumors regular

4. reidjr macrumors member

The only difference is the touch does not have the phone/gps/camera thats it.The touch will have more or less all of the new features plus the applaction store.

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

No way, the Touch is great...you just can't call people on it or use GPS. And you don't have to pay a monthly fee for the internet and all that jazz...it's just the one flat rate when you bought it.

6. Eauboy macrumors regular

Eauboy

7. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

plus no *

*2-year contract required.

8. Redline13 macrumors 6502

Darn. I was prepared to offer $150.50.

Another benefit of the iPod Touch is that is doesn't come with a monthly bill.

9. luffytubby thread starter macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

is the touch more flat/light than Iphone or do they have same dimensions?

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's both thinner and lighter. Mainly because of the lack of cell and GPS antennas and a camera in the back.

11. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I believe it is slimmer than the iPhone.

12. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I would gladly trade my 16gb touch for a 16gb iphone 3g, hell it costs $100 more. Small amount of size aside it would replace my need for touch and cell phone, which I now carry both all the time because the ipod is the music in my car.
    I already have a monthly cell bill to pay so it won't be a huge issue that iphone has a monthly fee attached to it as opposed to the touch, I'm already paying for that service anyway(I might have to pay $10 or so more for data).
    In my daily travels other than home and work I rarely find myself in a wifi zone so internet anywhere is a huge plus and adds way more function to the device. Then there's the camera which is good as my current phone and internal speaker(much better for showing people short videos).

I will probably end up selling my touch and sony walkman phone which will probably cover the cost of upgrading to an iphone. I know it will probably cost more than the advertised $299 or whatever they charge in Canada though since I won't be getting a new contract, I'll be upgrading my current one to include the iphone data plan (rogers better have a cheap unlimited one like at&t).

13. danny_w macrumors 601

The iPhone 3G has a mandatory $30 data change/month, plus text messages if you want them at $5 for 200 or $20 for unlimited. So no, the iPhone is NOT cheaper than the Touch. Instead of $299 for the 16GB iPhone you will be paying $299 + $30x24 months plus texts, so about $1019 or more if your current phone doesn't have a data plan. You might just want to reconsider.

EDIT: And be prepared for GSM buzz in your car stereo when using the iPod function, unless you tediously set the iPhone into airplane mode every time you use it (and back again when you're done). Of course when in airplane mode you can't make or receive calls, so the phone function is now useless. I know, I have one and wish I had my old iPod back.

EDIT2: Sorry, I didn't notice that you were in Canada, but the gist of my comments probably remains the same.

14. reidjr macrumors member

1)It does not seem like rogers will be offering a non contract price.Meaning you would have to sign a new contract as you could not just buy the phone and upgrade.Now that may change this summer but i would not hold my breath.

2)At the time the do offer a non contract price you more then likely are looking at $600.

3)There will not be a cheap unlimited plan.Rumors goiing around say it will be anywhere between $70-$100 and may or may not be truley unlimited.

15. only macrumors regular

no canadian loophole for you!

PS: Rogers is a horribly expensive carrier, expect prices to be on par with AT&T's or worse

16. reidjr macrumors member

Lets see both have the following
    Mobile me
    Upgrade 2.0
    Applaction Store

17. FishStik macrumors newbie

It's not a 'flat rate'. You just pay once and you're done (Unless you count the 'software updates' Apple charges you for).