Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
So I disabled my younger brothers iPod Touch by setting up a passcode through MobileMe. Now I kinda sorta forgot it and really don't wan't have to restore it and reinstall all of the songs, videos, jailbreak and so on. Anyone know if there's a way to just fix it? Maybe by SSH'ing into it?

Last edited:

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I know you said you don't want to restore it, but I will suggest that anyway. Assuming it hasn't been completely disabled you should be able to do a backup and sync with the computer you have synced it with before, but not a new computer. Then you can easily restore all your app and other data. It won't help restore your jailbreak stuff though.
I ran into this same problem a couple weeks ago and wasn't able to find a better answer. I am sure it must be possible, especially if you have ssh enabled. I did see a post on this forum suggesting a method to bypass the lock through ssh. You may find it in a search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.