Kindle books to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vjaaan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

I just downloaded the Kindle app on my iPhone 4S. But I still cannot see any of my Kindle books on the phone. I do have some purchased ebooks from Amazon on my Kindle, but on the phone app, it says I have no items in the cloud.

Why is this not working?

Thanks.

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Have you entered your kindle account details into the app?

3. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

It has a "send to Kindle Email Address" with a kindle address I have not seen or used before. It does not show the "name" of my Kindle, that shows up on my actual Kindle. Under Registration, it has my full name, not my kindle name. Never asked me to change anything.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Can you, at the very least, log onto Amazon (likely on a "desktop" browser) and send the books to your phone?

5. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

I went there. It does not even recognize that I have the wireless app.
    Should I change the email address ( my name@kindle.com ) to the email address I use on my amazon kindle account? How else can I set up the iphone app?

Thanks!

----------

I went into Settings, iCloud on my iPhone, thinking I might have something closed off. I turned Safari ON (it was off before). Did not see my books show up when I checked though.

Any other setting I should look at?

6. lpeedin macrumors regular

Yes

7. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

I went through and changed any other settings that seemed at all relevant. The app still says I have no books in the cloud.

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Are you sure the app is signed in?

In the Kindle app tap the settings gear at the lower right, then tap where it says Registration. It should look like my screenshot with your name where I blurred mine. If you do not see it there, you are not signed in.

[​IMG]

Can you logoff of amazon.com from your desktop then log back in to make sure you ave the correct amazon user name and password?

9. DefBref macrumors 6502

You are making this more complicated than it is, don't worry about icloud, the amazon website or anything else. Just goto the app on the phone and enter your amazon account details, shortly after that you should see your books appear just tap the one you want to read

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Exactly. I missed this on the first read and assumed the OP had done so.

11. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

I have that registration page on the phone done.
    But it has never asked for user name or password on the app.

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Delete the app, reinstall it, and I am certain you will see a place to provide the email address for your Amazon account. This will not be a Kindle email address.

13. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What do you mean you have it done? What does that screen say? When you first install and start the app it definitely asks for your Amazon account email and password.

Like JSW said... delete the app and reinstall it and at first start make sure you put in the correct Amazon account email.

14. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I solved the problem. It turned out I had two separate accounts at amazon. When I registered the app, I was using the password for the amazon account I buy other things in. I reset my passwords on both accounts and logged into my app with the right one, and all my books appear just fine.

I appreciate all the help from you all! This is such a great forum!