Kindle for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pastorbillhcc, Jan 19, 2011.

1. pastorbillhcc macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a book from Amazon for Kindle for Mac. I have the most recent version of the app. I like to highlight and take notes when I read. So, I very much like this feature in the new Kindle for Mac release.

I began having problems. Sometimes, the app would crash. Eventually, it got to the point where I can't even open the book at all or the app will crash. Other books open fine. Now, if I remove the *.mpb file in "My Kindle Content" associated with this book, I can open the book fine. But, when the app syncs to the Amazon server and re-downloads an update of my bookmarks, notes, and highlights, the app crashes.

The interesting thing is that I also have the Kindle app for my iPhone and that works just fine with all of the bookmarks, notes, and highlights.

So I 'm wondering if the Kindle for Mac app has a bug when loading in the bookmarks, notes, and highlights - especially after they are a certain content size. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I downloaded Kindle for Mac two weeks ago. So far so good

3. macamoeba macrumors newbie

Kindle for Mac

Same issue. I "resolved" it by deleting the mbp file for the book causing the issue, and then removed all the highlights from the book using my actual Kindle (not the most ideal solution) (-;

Next, I created a new highlight using my Kindle, synched it, and then opened up the book on Kindle for Mac and synched it. A new mbp file was created and I am now able to create and synch new highlights.

The only difference between the book causing the crash and the others were the number of highlights. I had practically most of the book highlighted.

I still do not know the cause.