Kindle iOS app - eBooks multimedia capable?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by cxc273, Dec 9, 2013.

1. cxc273 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Amazon's Kindle iOS app support books that contain multimedia elements like video and audio?

I was considering purchasing the eBook version of the Making of Star Wars and both the Kindle version and iBooks versions of the book have supplemental multimedia elements.

I've pretty much stayed with Amazon Kindle for the bulk of my digital reading and would prefer to read the book on my iPad through the Kindle app versus iBooks.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's actually exclusive TO the iPad and doesn't work on Amazon devices or Android.

3. cxc273 thread starter macrumors regular

Let me clarify -- will the enhanced edition of the book with its multimedia elements, if purchased through Amazon's Kindle store, work OK on the iPad through the iOS Kindle app? The book is offered on both formats as an enhanced multimedia edition.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yep. And actually they now support later Kindle Fires. Look under the cover on the Amazon page and you should see something like this:

If you have a problem, Amazon allows you to refund an eBook via the Manage Your Kindle page. Or just go in chat support, and they have no problem of doing it for you right then and there.

5. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Yes it does. I have read books that have embedded video in them (using kindle app on my iPad). Such as, "Beyond the Beautiful Forevers", by Katherine Boo.

6. cxc273 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback on my question!