Kindle: Redownloading books

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iqwertyi, Sep 12, 2010.

1. iqwertyi macrumors regular

I'm asking for my friend.
    So, she has a kindle, she has quite a few books there. Recently she bought an iPad and downloaded the kindle app. How can she redownloading all her books. It doesn't seem to sync automatically. Her archived items do not show up on the iPad. She has registered the iPad on the amazon website.

I've read that purchased books can sync between 6 devices.
    Any ideas.

Thanks.

Edit:
    She tells me that on her iPod, the archived books do show up.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You are correct, it is supported. Assuming both devices are registered to the same Kindle account, all purchased books that haven't yet been downloaded on the iPad should appear in the archive.

3. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

Both devices (iPod and iPad) are both under her account. The archived items automatically showed up on the iPod but nothing shows up on the iPad. She says she actually got charged again for downloading a book she already had oh her kindle when she downloaded it on her iPad.

I honestly don't understand why it doesn't show up on the iPad.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's very strange. Not sure what the issue might be, but I would have her deauthorize her iPad, and then reauthorize, ensuring that it's the same email address listed on her iPod/Kindle.

Also, if she was charged twice for the same book, I would advise her to call Kindle customer support at 1 (866) 321-8851.

5. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried completely de-authorizing and deleting the kindle app on the ipad. Downloaded the app again and had her sign in her account.
    The only items that showed up on her archive this time around were the two books that were on the ipad previously (one that she re-bought and the free dictionary one).

Now, she has two iPods in the house. One hers and the other her BF's. When she installed the Kindle app on the iPod and signed in, everything shows up. The iPad doesn't show the same books.

This is getting annoying. I'm just stumped.

6. jparris1 macrumors regular

She should log into her account on a computer and go to her account settings and make sure all of those devices are listed. If the iPad is not listed then you know that it is registered to a different account. If it is there, try sending items from there to her ipad. You can choose to transfer particular books.

7. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I just noticed something interesting, logging to her account I (only) see the iPad as being registered but not the iPods.
    Now remember, it's the iPad that's not synching/archiving, the iPods show the archived books.

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It sounds like she has two amazon accounts. Have you cross referenced the account names and passwords between all devices?

9. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I think this is what's happening here. She has two accounts and just don't realize it. I'm having her call tech support to check her account.