iPad Pro Kindle split screen issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SS4Luck, Jan 17, 2016.

1. SS4Luck, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

SS4Luck macrumors regular

SS4Luck

does anyone else try to use kindle and a secondary app in split screen? I buy my textbook through Amazon because they are insanely cheaper than anywhere else and planned to split screen to read and take notes, but apparently I cannot open notability as a secondary app to kindle.

Is this just me?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016 ---
    Here's all it will allow

[​IMG]

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Define what you mean by secondary app? if you're in an app that doesn't support split screen, you can still open a stock app, or app that DOES suport split screen, you just can't have them equal on the page, and working between the two at the same time. Is that what you mean? Ideally this is because it's not capable of full split screen yet, which i'm not sure is accurate, because they seem like they would be.

What version of IOS are you on?

3. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

I'm on 9.2

I was hoping it would have been able to do something like this. I'm using the native "multitask"

In an ideal world I would have kindle on the left and notability on the right 50/50 on the screen.

[​IMG]

4. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

You have to see that little grey bar in the black line in order to know if it can go half screen. I've attached a pic :

Essentially, if you pull it out to the quarter page, and you don't see that grey little line thinggy, that means you can't extend it. However, I was under the impression that notability could do that. It could possibly be that KINDLE can't, and that's why it's not working. because they BOTH have to support it. If you'd like, I can download kindle for you and give it a shot on mine :) IMG_0012.PNG

5. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

iBooks will of course allow for a ful 50/50 split, but my textbooks arnt available on iBooks. I'm trying to not have to buy a second device strictly for books but I think I am out of luck

[​IMG]

6. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Again, I'm not sure notability is the problem here.... i'm downloading kindle, i'll get to the bottom of it! uno momento.

7. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

After a little more investigating I think it just that kindle doesn't support it

Thanks for the help thought. I thought I might just be crazy at first

8. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Sweet! Carry on then, good luck
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016 ---
    Also, I too confirmed it was kindle, for what it's worth.

9. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

Thanks for verifying. Kinda ****** the iBooks works and kindle doesn't. Time to find a used iPad Air or something.

10. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I've got an air, and an Air 2 for sale :)

11. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

When my wallet recovers from buying my iPP and my 6S+ I'll shoot you a message hahaha

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

1. Give it some time and Amazon might update their Kindle app to support split screen.

2. I believe the cheapest Kindle device is about $50.

13. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

Amazon is probably still working on updating the Kindle app for iOS 9 and the iPad Pro. I'm sure the problem will be fixed eventually.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm quite sure all of the most popular apps like kindle will support split screen in the next future