Kindly give me some comment on my site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Steven-MAF, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Steven-MAF macrumors newbie

Hi

I gonna build this website for offering suit, and since this is my first time of doing so, it would be great if you guys can give me some comment on how to improve the layout & working in general. Kindly ignore the detail contain in the website since this is just the words for testing.

my website is www.yourdesignsuit.com

Thank you.
    Steven-MAF

2. schimmel macrumors member

schimmel

Hi Steven,

Ok so focusing on the more general things:

1. First off, I would work on the graphic profile of the company more before setting up a website. To make a strong/recognizable brand you'll need a well-conceieved color palette, and two-three well chosen fonts. Once you have that everything you make for the company, i.e business cards, promo flyers, print material, websites etc, will just follow that guide. Makes everything easier and consistent, which of course gives a professional feel.

Regarding typography:
    There is a lot to say about this, but select a "display type" for large headlines/promos that has a distinct character yet is not tacky, and with time gets part of the brand identity. Second, choose a body heading font, for example a serif font. Third, choose a sans-serif for body text, with a little more character than the character less helvetica/arial type you have at the moment.

2. It seems a bit off that your URL and company name does not match. The URL is "Your design suit", but the company name is Min han, and the tagline "Your design garment". It may seem minor, but to the visitor it seems un-thought-through.

3. The spinning wheel in the logo looks pretty blurry; I guess it's intentional but to me it looks more like an artifact than something nice.

4. Generally, don't underestimate the need for whitespace. Add some padding around the box here, and around the social network buttons and other icons. http://www.yourdesignsuit.com/home/Custom_Service.html

Good luck and keep working, hard work on a website is visible to the visitor and it pays off in the end. If nothing else, you'll learn a lot.

3. Steven-MAF thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi schimmel,

Thank you for your comment, I will consider to apply these input and improve it.

Best regards, Steven

4. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Maybe I would also delete the shadow behind the ribbon, because you cut it in the middle and it doesn't look good when you look closely.

Then the background behind the suit photos is too light and I can barely see the borders, so it makes it look like it's not properly aligned.

P.S. The slider at the bottom doesn't seem to work.