Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
So, I went to this preview of King Kong (which is a fantastic movie by the way. The colors are so amazing!) and put my coat in the seat in front of me, so no one would dare to sit down there. There were like 40 ppl in the show and only two in front of me, right next to my coat. At the end of the show my coat is gone, which is the constant home of my iPod. No one but the two right next it could have accessed it. But they were still sitting there when I tried to pick up the coat and did not have anything on them in which they could have packed it. They also did not, like me, leave the show at any time.
Needless to say, I got the coat back (it was found in a restroom). Now someone please give me an iPod.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
ouch... did at any time the jacket get up and take a walk? maybe it got mugged while in the restroom.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Counterfit said:
Perhaps you should just keep your coat closer to you, or at least keep your iPod in a pants pocket.

Indeed. Even if Steve wears a coat, he makes sure to keep his iPod in his pocket, even during presentations. Too bad he didn't have a case on it...probably got scratched to pieces. :p

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
I went to the police yesterday. Not really because I think they have the time to solve $300 crimes, but maybe my insurance will pay for it now. I looked at pictures of possible suspects for like an hour, but I could not recognize anyone. There was a really hot chick in the list though and I was too shy to ask for her number:)
Anyway, thanks for your support. And why do I have to endure 'do not steal movies' spots in the theatre when all they steal is iPods?

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
sebisworld said:
I looked at pictures of possible suspects for like an hour, but I could not recognize anyone. There was a really hot chick in the list though and I was too shy to ask for her number:)

Too bad, maybe you could have asked to "frisk" her...
to check for your stolen iPod. ;) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.