King of The Hill

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shady825, Dec 18, 2008.

1. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Anyone else upset they are canceling the show?
    This is like my all time favorite show!! Its the only show I decided I was going to buy the seasons on DVD and what do you know, they stopped making them at season 6 and now they are canceling the show all together! :(

I've ALWAYS wondered if people who live in Texas like this show? I just dont know if they would take it as being made fun of...

2. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I've lived for years in various Texan cities (Denton & El Paso) and I love the show. I don't know why it is being canceled; perhaps the ratings are down. I didn't know that they stopped making the DVDs after season 6, something that upsets me greatly. It seems that a great part of American tv history is being lost.

3. shady825 thread starter macrumors 68000

shady825

Agreed. 2nd longest running cartoon next to the simpsons.
    But yea they stopped making the DVDs after 6, Im pissed, "I tell you what"

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Don't be sad; buy some propane and propane accessories to make yourself happy!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's sad but I'm glad it has come to an end. I don't care about how long a show runs for, just the quality of each episode and that seemed to be going downhill with more recent ones.

At least it bowed out before the Simpsons. That show has just got terrible, Mapple... Seriously?! :(

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

One of my all-time favorite shows. I hope ABC buys it. link

It's all spinoffs of current events now. Where's the originality?

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I watched the first 2 seasons. After that, I forgot about it and moved on to The Family Guy.

8. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

It's better that they're canceling the show while it's still at a high point. I do like the show; very funny in an offbeat, subtle kind of way.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's exactly it for me. They're not trying to cram jokes down your throat, they're just odd characters that have developed and grown up over the years. I like that for daytime TV (FX used to have it on during my dinner break hour, well timed really).