Kingston Hyper X 2133 RAM in CANADA

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mfouks, Oct 23, 2015.

1. mfouks macrumors member

Has anyone ordered Kingston Ram in Canada for the late 2015 27 inch IMAC. I'm trying to find the best/cheapest place to order this ram from. Amazon CA seems way more expensive that Amazon USA. Maybe I'm better off ordering from the US instead of Canada?

Thanks,

Marsha

2. huffy15 macrumors regular

3. crazymadman macrumors newbie

I looked around (ncix, tigerdirect etc) but also ended up ordering from newegg.ca, the same ram as huffy15. I got 16GB to add to the stock 8GB, ordered on wed, it's out for delivery today (fri). Still waiting on my new iMac to ship though.

4. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

I ended up buying this from B&H.

After conversion from USD to CAD it's about $260 with tax and duties included. They are sold out for a bit but they will restock soon.

It was the best bang for my buck IMO. If anyone has a better deal for Canadian's post below!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._bls2k8g3n18aes4_16gb_204pin_sodimm_ddr3.html

5. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

6. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

How did you figure out that there would only be a .5% improvement? Thanks for your response. I'll probably go for the slower speed memory. You know that newegg in the US sells the faster memory for $104US for 16 gb but they won't ship it to Canada.

7. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I wonder if it will work with the stock 8GB. Please let me know.

8. crazymadman macrumors newbie

Here is the HyperX Impact 2133 2x8GB available from tigerdirect.ca $143.99 cdn

9. G.McGilli macrumors regular

Like many Canadians here I've checked every online and local reseller and B&H still the best deal for Canadians - Especially if you can walk across the border to pick up packages ;)

However I cancelled my B&H order since it was backordered - and I'll see if I can find a better deal Canadian before it comes back in stock and post it here... otherwise I'll reorder from B&H.

10. huffy15 macrumors regular

0.5% from geekbench. From the post http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2133mhz-ram-test-results.1929801/page-3

17759 (1866mhz) vs 17879 (2133mhz)
    (even worst if I do the math)

In the real world, I really don't know.

11. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

12. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Haha I wish I can walk across the border. It's a 12 hour drive for me...

I did plenty of research as well including local stores and I'm amazed it's still the best deal.

My iMac got pushed until the 29th, hopefully I receive B&H's around the same time.

13. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

I placed an order a week ago and still haven't received anything yet from B&H. I might have to cancel it and order somewhere else...

14. G.McGilli macrumors regular

Yeah - there are a few RAM threads on this forum right now - and not sure where I posted - but I kept searching and I found a Canadian seller on Amazon Canada that had the exact same spec G.Skill RAM. 2x8gb pack - and they only had 2 packs left in stock (32gb) and the price per pack was $111 Canadian. So - with the tax and some shipping - it came out to only $20 CAD more than the B&H order - so that $20 would equal my gas to and back from the border ($10) and the $6 I have to pay for the parcel company to accept my US package - so it worked out the same really - and delivered to my door :)

I check today - and now that company is not listed as a seller of the RAM - so their stock is gone

Here's a screenshot though - not sure if you can search their reseller name on Amazon in case they get more stock...

[​IMG]

UPDATE - and 1 minute later I get an email from the seller saying they are now backordered and cannot send me the RAM for who knows how long. Haha... Oh well... I'll just wait on this order.

15. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Oh no :(

I'm about to order this one; its about $20 more but at least its in stock and will ship right away.

[​IMG]
    I messaged BH and they told me it'll take another 6 days to ship it to my door after they receive the RAM but I don't even know how long it'll take for them to get the RAM. My iMac is expected to come tomorrow.

16. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

I ordered 32 GB of ram yesterday from Tiger Direct. I decided to go for the faster DDR3L ram at 2133MHz. It was about $350 CND including shipping and taxes. I'm sure they have the 1866 MHz as well so you might want to check.

17. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

With the subtle difference I'm going to go with the 1866 MHz from Tiger Direct! I was really looking forward to Crucial but at this rate brand doesn't seem to matter anyways :p

18. worldomination macrumors newbie

Retail supply in Vancouver, BC, has dried up. 2133MHz was readily available this past January in a variety of stores and now can only be ordered.

I got lucky with my first two 8GB cards... open box at NCIX for $112 CAD. The second two I bought on Amazon.com for 100 USD ($140 CAD), delivered to Blaine, Washington.

Yes, I readily agree that the speed difference between 1866MHz and 2133MHz may be subtle but the cost difference wasn't that great. And 1866MHz needs to be ordered in, too, as local supply has also disappeared. I figured I'd spend an extra $20 and get the best I could afford - just like my iMac. I plan to have it a long time, after all.