Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulletToothTony

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
wondering if THESE Sticks are compatible with the late 2013?

Some mixed reviews on the Crucial sticks have got me wanting to avoid them this gen.

It's cool if nobody has tried them yet, I may try them in a couple of weeks and report. I do like that they run at 1.35v and are CL9 which = faster ram.

Any thoughts? I hope they fit just right unlike the Crucial ones.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
wondering if THESE Sticks are compatible with the late 2013?

Some mixed reviews on the Crucial sticks have got me wanting to avoid them this gen.

It's cool if nobody has tried them yet, I may try them in a couple of weeks and report. I do like that they run at 1.35v and are CL9 which = faster ram.

Any thoughts? I hope they fit just right unlike the Crucial ones.

Unfortunately Kingston has a history of failing with iMacs, I'd recommend using Crucial or OWC. If you are in North America, go OWC anywhere else try Crucial.

ragtop232

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
My experiences have been just the opposite. I've had very good luck with Kingston HyperX memory. I've always thought of it as a premium brand and I've used it exclusively. I just put 32 GB in my imac late 2013 and it fit perfectly and runs cool. Here's what I ordered and installed Kingston HyperX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.