Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAmRenzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
I've a huge problem. I bought the Kingston MobileLite Wireless to save up space on my iPhone to copy stuff of my camera roll to save space.
When I got home to import all the copied stuff from my SD-cards I found out that all EXIF-meta data was gone! No date/time of shot moment, no gps data. Modification/creation date were set to a strange MobileLite internal date (5-and-a-half-year ago). Everything is one big mess. I cried for days.

Does anybody have an idea what to do? I think I only want to copy movies from my device, but I want to write down time and date of that clip. But where can I find these details? Is there an app for that?

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Kingston MobileLite Wireless: gsp/date removed

I've a huge problem. I bought the Kingston MobileLite Wireless to save up space on my iPhone to copy stuff of my camera roll to save space.

When I got home to import all the copied stuff from my SD-cards I found out that all EXIF-meta data was gone! No date/time of shot moment, no gps data. Modification/creation date were set to a strange MobileLite internal date (5-and-a-half-year ago). Everything is one big mess. I cried for days.

Does anybody have an idea what to do? I think I only want to copy movies from my device, but I want to write down time and date of that clip. But where can I find these details? Is there an app for that?

Do you have a photo library backup on your computer? Is that backed up? Movies don't have exif data, only photos.

Last edited:

iAmRenzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Do you have a photo library backup on your computer? Is that backed up? Movies don't have exif data, only photos.
I do not have a backup. I bought the MobileLite Wireless as a backup device.

Movies do somehow have gps and "shot on" dates when imported to iPhoto.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Kingston MobileLite Wireless: gsp/date removed

It appears to be a known bug with the Kingston MobileLite drive. It deletes all EXIF data with photos.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.