Kingston SSD To OCZ Vertex 3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boogieman, Jun 17, 2011.

1. boogieman macrumors regular

WIll I see a huge difference in speed? I wanna take full advantage of my sata 6gb port if it will if not, Im not gonna worry with it.

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

If you are copying and transferring lots of large files, that's where you'll see your improvements. If not, I don't think you'll see good value for your dollar on the upgrade.

3. boogieman thread starter macrumors regular

So opening apps and startup times stuff like that wont be affected?

4. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Hardly any speed difference. Like the previous poster said, unless your moving or copying a lot of files. As for opening and boot up times. Maybe one or two seconds slower. Even then, that's still a maybe.

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

For apps like Safari, mail, itunes, iphoto, and the like; stuff that opens in one bounce, you will not notice a speed difference. It will be too small to notice. For programs that take a long time, Photoshop and such, it'll maybe maybe be a second faster. This is just my estimation, of course. But I wouldn't spend the money for a new SSD if you have a Kingston that is working well.

6. boogieman thread starter macrumors regular

7. imorton macrumors 6502

It seems that changing my Vertex2 SSD to a Vertex3 on my 2011 Macbook Pro 13" wouldn't make a big difference.

If it boots in 17 seconds with a V2, and 14-15 seconds with a V3, doesn't seem like a substantial difference....?