All iPads Kingston WiDrive or Seagate GoFlex Satellite

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by havenhamilton, Dec 2, 2013.

1. havenhamilton macrumors 6502

In a few months I'll be traveling and I need some way to store a bunch of movies and tv shows. Would you suggest the Kingston WiDrive or Seagate GoFlex Satellite or something else? Thanks!

2. tandeh macrumors regular

why not read a trusted comparison, big read (multiple page from the small drop down menu at the bottom) up to the conclusion:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4706/...kingston-widrive-and-seagate-goflex-satellite

i have the go flex its quite good once u get the hang of internet pass through, even XBMC recognised it

3. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

4. kandavu macrumors member

kandavu

5. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I work in television and need to travel with a ton of pilots and documentaries to watch while away. I have the Kingston and love it. Simple to load up, connect to and use. Plus it's very thin and light.

6. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Does anyone one else have any opinions on this?

7. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

8. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I got the SanDisk Media Drive because, in addition to its internal memory, it has an SD card slot. That allows me to view and/or save photos from my camera while traveling. The device only has 64GB internal memory, though, but you can add to this with SD cards.

9. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I have the GoFlex Satellite and take it with me on long trips. It allows me to take my entire iTunes library with me anywhere I go.

10. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

A friend has the Seagate Go Flex. Neat little device. I'd recommend it.

11. jltj macrumors member

I have both the 32gb WiDrive and the 1st gen GoFlex. Unfortunately, the WiDrive is quite useless to me, it will only work if formatted in Fat32, so no files larger than 4gb. I purchased the WiDrive because I found the GoFlex a little cumbersome to carry with me on a daily basis, but it's just collecting dust now since it's much more of a hassle worrying about file sizes.