kinks?...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aznmochamike, Jul 29, 2008.

1. aznmochamike macrumors newbie

Hi everyone... I still havent bought a mac ever... the only thing of apple i got is the ipod classic... i am thinking about buying the macbook and want to wait until the end of the school sale thing... i have already decided on waiting until i heard some people on this site talk about the last "old" version of the macbook has all the "kinks" worked out while the new one might have a lot of "kinks"... can someone tell me what these kinks are?... normally on a new line of mac is there a lot of these little kinks? and is this really going to be a new line? or just a change from the old macbook... if so then isnt the current one not the last of it's kind?... hopefully that made sense... anyways... thanks everyone... :D

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

3. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

well i heard some people say that there might be a new macbook comming out with a new processor... it can have a totally different design too... some people are thinking that it can have kinks as in problems with the new item... as opposed to the "old" one which is the current one that they are selling...

4. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Well, you have to remember this is an enthusiast forum, so you are going to have an outpour of complaints, issues, and general bashing of... anything.

On the other hand, I have yet to see a product with 100% satisfaction from anyone. If there is a problem upon purchase, there should be no problem having the issues resolved be it repair or replacement, how long it takes to identify and resolve an issue is another question.

5. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

What you said is true... i guess i am wondering if the past macbooks had any major issues that really affected the system's performance or is it just minor issues and imperfections... i will be using it for school so once i get one... i dont plan to get it fixed but then i would like to wait for a new product

6. krye macrumors 68000

krye

There will always be minor imperfections and nuisances. But they are usually fixed with a firmware upgrade. Some people complain that the build quality is not great and that the plastic cracks, power adapters short out, blah, blah, blah. I think that's just a bunch of people not taking care of their stuff. Let's just say that it's not like there's ever been a design flaw that required a recall or something. Not that I'm aware of anyway. (Not counting the battery recall.)

7. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

If you want to play it safe for your own good. Get the current macbook. Its not gonna be that much different. In the end its gonna be running the same programs most likely and doing the same thing.

questions to ask yourself.

1. do you like the look of the current macbooks, the glossy white attract you, the flat black?

2. Is the size right for your lifestyle

3. Do You care for a glass trackpad, can you do with the current one and even a wireless mouse

4. The kinks in the current macbook are pretty much all gone now so that is a comforter right there

5. Either choice is going to be a good one, there is no going in the wrong direction on this one remember that

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Since everything about the new MacBook is just rumor, you can't be sure if it is true.

If you need a MacBook now, get one.

The current MacBook is very good and has pretty much no problems as they have been worked out over the years of the MacBook being out.

If you are going to wait, you could be waiting a while.

Buy what you need now and don't regret it. I hate the waiting game (Unless you know when the release date of a new product is). :apple:

9. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

sure enuff:)

10. pattman247 macrumors regular

i am sure there will be kinks if theres a new revision, if u stayed at macrumors enough u will notice every rev A does. macbooks had a lot of problems too, and so did the ibooks before it. Such as mooing whining cracked plastic discoloration, and the macbook pros had yellowing displays and graphic issues, not to mention the air which had the whole core shutdown issue.
    every rev a has problems, ur safe wit the penryn macbook. Buy it now :p