Kismac Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cablebob1, Jan 3, 2009.

1. cablebob1 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to use kismac for a while and it isn't working for me. I keep getting the unable to detect wireless card message. I've read about Viha drivers but don't know how to do that. I have an Intel MacBook with a Airport Extreme Card. Any help you can give will help. Thanks.

2. akbc macrumors 6502

I tried using that too, and as far as I remember, AirPort Extreme is not supported by KisMAC :(

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

There's your problem.

4. cablebob1 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. TinyHulk macrumors member

On the new KisMac website (http://kismac.macpirate.ch/about.php) it states:

Supported hardware chipsets:
    Apple Airport, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Extreme Atheros

I'm also wondering how to get this thing to work :)

6. xyzowen1990 macrumors newbie

That is odd seen as according to KisMac help:

"The Airport Extreme cards are based on a Broadcom Airforce (BCM4306) chipset, and there is currently no documentaion for these cards available. We do not think that they will ever release something, but we do not know for sure as they ignore all emails."

this was in a section specifically called "Why is there no passive support for Airport Extreme?"

Does anyone know of an equivalent to KisMac that is compatible with the above mentioned AE cards?/New Macbook 1.2 Intel core 2

7. interslice macrumors member

interslice

Kismac can't connect to IP

well i can't et it to work either - good things never work!! ohhh how pessimistic ...

but there is no help out there for people who don't have time to turn of their wireless to reset everything - and want a "fast: way to recover their lost password! surely it should be hidden on the mac it's self somewhere? as it logs in in auto mode any way all the time!!!
    :confused:
    any ideas!?

*problem - can't connect to kismac IP address 127.0.0 blablabla
    -have chosen passive and active airport extreme modes
    going to plug it in to the router and see what happens then

so much for ease of use

8. masmullin macrumors member

Triple boot your machine

Triple boot your machine to have osx/linux/windows if you want access to good hacking scripts.

I have a 2007 MPB and the airmon-ng scripts work just fine when I boot to Ubuntu

9. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

You can download the Backtrack live CD, and boot from it. It includes Kismet.

You can also install Kismet and Aircrack on OS X, which work better and are far better supported than Kismac.

With Kismet, you'll need to set it up correctly.

You go to the folder /usr/local/etc/, open the file kismet.conf, go to the line that starts with "source", and change it to "source=darwin,en1,airport_extreme"