KiSMAC messed up my airport connection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sjsharks27, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sjsharks27 macrumors newbie

hi ive been searching for over a day about how to fix my wireless connection after using kismac. i installed kismac and messed around with it for a little and i didnt like it, so i decided to get rid of it. I got rid of it and then when i tried connecting to the internet...i couldnt. My wireless connection is there, its just that i can not connect to the internet. When i tried the same wireless connection with my iphone it connected perfectly. I dont no what happened, mby the Airport card seettings got messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sjsharks27 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. sjsharks27 thread starter macrumors newbie

IF NO one knows how to fix that does anyone atleast know of any problems with airport and 2wire?

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Have you tried re-starting?

Shouldn't make a difference but it might do.

You say you're connected to the network correct? But you can't access the internet. Have you tried different browsers / program?

try running:

sudo ./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/airport -I

in terminal
    then typing in your password to see if anything pops up.
    (the equiv. of iwconfig for Mac)

p.s. don't bump too much. We're all busy people you know ;)

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

It might have been an idea to have heeded the very obvious warnings on the KisMAC site:
    Please note: This program is not intended for novices but for professional users. Take this as your warning, the rest of this wiki assumes you are prepared for advanced topics and know what you are doing with your system.

6. sjsharks27 thread starter macrumors newbie

nothing popped up...any other advice?