KisMAC problems w/ Apple Airport Card

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jdnyc, May 8, 2007.

1. jdnyc macrumors newbie

I have a PPC G4 Titanium Laptop with an Airport Card (not an Airport Extreme Card!) running MAC OS X 10.4.9. I installed the latest version of KisMAC (v.021a) and I'm having two issues.

The main problem is that I can't perform Deauthenticate, Authentication Flood, or Reinject Packet because I keep getting an injection driver error: "You have no primary injection driver chosen, please select one in the preferences dialog."

In my driver preferences, when I select Apple Airport Card (passive mode), I can't get the Injection box to open and select "use as primary device"... the box remains greyed out. This preference is essential for quickly generating Data Packets and Unique IV's, and for determining hidden SSID's. It was my understanding that KisMAC has been compatible and very successful with Airport Cards in passive mode... any suggestions as to why I can't use my card as the injection driver? I am able to slowly collect data w/out these network functions but it's taking FOREVER!

Also, when I quit KisMAC my Airport Driver isn't being re-loaded... I have to reboot my computer to make things right again... any insight on this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. toams7 macrumors newbie

same problem

am having the same problem but with Airport Extreme and KisMAC r75
    packets come in about 1 per second but i need 130,000 so thats a long time.