Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
kingjr3 said:
Looks like Microsoft isn't going to take the Mozilla popularity increase lying down.

Are you ready for IE 7? I'm not.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/nm/20050216/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_browser_dc

Hey Bill, feeling the heat yet???

If it's anything like the other products that MS sells, then Firefox et all have nothing to worry about.

Methinks that Bills really worried. He realizes that if people see that there are better browswers than MS's offering, they might be tempted to try alternative operating systems and other software too.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
eh I'm not worried at all about IE 7. Pretty much my "testing" for IE at this point consist of coding for fire fox and then checking IE occasionally to fix any small bugs I come across. I'm not sure if this is the norm but I've certanly found if it works in fire fox it seems to work in IE as well.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm guessing that kingjr's big concern is more websites being incompatible with FF and other browsers because they were written for MSIE7 proprietary features? Concern / annoyance over that is my biggest reaction to this news. I hope everyone in the development and IT community reads this the same way stoid does, and it piques the perceived need for firefox compatibility in newly launched or revised websites.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
mkrishnan said:
I'm guessing that kingjr's big concern is more websites being incompatible with FF and other browsers because they were written for MSIE7 proprietary features? Concern / annoyance over that is my biggest reaction to this news. I hope everyone in the development and IT community reads this the same way stoid does, and it piques the perceived need for firefox compatibility in newly launched or revised websites.
Me too, mkrishnan! The last thing I want to see is more web sites relying on MSIE-specific features and/or blocking access to non-Windows non-MSIE browsers.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
mkrishnan said:

This and the fact that since I develop applications for many organizations whose standard install consists of Windows coupled with IE, I am forced to learn many bad habits while trying to accomodate IE as a browser. While it keeps me employed, I often get tired of having to struggle something so it looks or functions right because of IE's disregard to standards compliance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.