Kiwi Express No Buff Cream Polish for black Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MrXiro, Apr 5, 2012.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

The other day I walked into Best Buy to pick up some stuff (nothing fun... electric trimmer) and had my iPad with me. The loss prevention guy was like... I need to sticker your tablet... to which I replied "I'm going in for 2 minutes man and I have a reward zone coupon on my iPad so it'll be out the whole time."

Anyway what does the guy do? He sticks the crappy tag sticker right on my leather cover... even though I had it flipped open and gave him the back to put the sticker on. I bitched him out about it and he rolled his eyes and was just short of calling me an ******. Anyway... went to peel the sticker off 5 min later after my purchase and it left a nice sticky gross splotch right on the leather cover. Walked into a leather shoe store and they told me a little goo gone would get it right out... which it did but it left a blueish hue of a stain on my cover.

Great... my OCD in full force I went to figure out how to solve this.

I saw somebody else posting about shoe polish to clean up their Smart Cover Leather (black) so I went out and picked up some Cream Polish by Kiwi and a Shine Sponge from Target...

Not only did it do the job... my smart cover looks better than it EVER did. It was a bit crappy blah looking to begin with, having bought it open item from a marketplace seller on Amazon. After using the polish, which takes maybe a minute to dry. I gave it a wipe with a told T-shirt and then a buff shine with the Shine Sponge and it looks AWESOME!

[​IMG]

2. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Kiwi works wonders
    And i've seen the bluish tint before on several used smart covers before

3. glen e macrumors 68030

yes... using leather products on leather works great....

the kiwi cleaner penetrates better than the creme...

4. Snesley Wipes macrumors regular

Go back to that Best Buy and smack that knuckle-head in the face with your iPad! Maybe the oils from his face will help clear it up!

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Well I was going to use regular old shoe polish at first... I'm more recommending this "Kiwi Express No Buff Cream Polish" which makes life a whole lot easier than breaking out the old Nickel Shoe Shine kit and doing it that way.

Gonna use it on my Hush Puppies next. :p

6. glen e macrumors 68030

7. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

This is what I used. Built in sponge under the red cap, just rubbed it on and that's all.

[​IMG]

8. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Great idea. I love an all in one solution.