Klear Screen

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
1,695
3
Clovis, California
I guess this is free advertising for KLEAR SCREEN, but several members have been asking about what to use to clean their computers. I use this product myself on my PowerBook, and it is my testimony the stuff is excellent. It contains NO alcohol, ammonia, or harsh chemicals, and smells like coco butter lotion.

I use their 8 ounce pump bottle with the big 16" X 16" micro-chamois cloth. They should have it at your Apple store, but if not, you can order it from mac-pro.com. :)

http://www.klearscreen.com/products.html#Anchor
 

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
1,695
3
Clovis, California
I'm thinking since there are no replies to this thread, that everyone must already know about Klear Screen. I was hoping to hear some comments from people who have used the product and like it very well, but ... maybe not. :p
 

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
480
0
RSA
There are so many screen cleaners i get confused about them.
I'm using Monster's iClean.
It also comes in a pump bottle with a microfiber cloth. Even though its a screen cleaner I use it to clean the aluminium shell as well.

I guess all these products are much of a muchness.

Do you use the product to clean your entire pbook?
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
Actually, products like these kinda lose point when people use glossy screens, but I would like to ask you, how it is compared to Apples iClean Screen Cleaner?
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
Yes, but iClean! It used to say something about it around the ACD's, but never mind.:p
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
2
Josias said:
Yes, but iClean! It used to say something about it around the ACD's, but never mind.:p
Um, did you even bother to look at the link? I guess not...




And whenever I go into an Apple store, I see the Geniuses always using a large bottle of iKlear.
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
Yes, I did see your link, but I am very sure there was something called iClean... Not iKlear...:confused:
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
2
Josias said:
Yes, I did see your link, but I am very sure there was something called iClean... Not iKlear...:confused:
Sure, there is another product out on the market called iClean. But it's not by the same manufacturer as the solution the OP mentioned, and this one isn't the one that is explicitly endorsed by Apple.



There's this really cool thing called a search engine. And this one search engine is particularly useful most of the time, you should give it a shot, link here.
 

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
1,695
3
Clovis, California
I stand corrected, it's iKlear not iKlean. The iClean product is an imposter. :p The reason I use Klear Screen rather than iKlear (same product) is because it's avalilable in the larger 8oz bottle. :)

 

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
29,080
287
Indianapolis
MACDRIVE said:
I stand corrected, it's iKlear not iKlean. The iClean product is an imposter. :p The reason I use Klear Screen rather than iKlear (same product) is because it's avalilable in the larger 8oz bottle. :)
I think iClean works just fine on my LCD. It doesn't leave streaks and the dust is cleaned off. :confused:
 

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
1,695
3
Clovis, California


Eidorian said:
I think iClean works just fine on my LCD. It doesn't leave streaks and the dust is cleaned off. :confused:
It may be a good product, however, Klear Screan is endorced by Apple and contains no alcohol or ammonia. :)
 

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
29,080
287
Indianapolis
MACDRIVE said:
It may be a good product, however, Klear Screan is endorced by Apple and contains no alcohol or ammonia. :)
iClean is sold at the Apple Store. It also doesn't have any alcohol or ammonia.