Klipsch earphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by teflon, Jun 30, 2008.

1. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

My JVC air cushion recently broke, so I need to find new earphones. I have been looking at the Klipsch Custom-2 earphone, but I can't seem to find many reviews or comparisons on it. Hopefully someone on MR has them and give me an impression of them?
    I listen to a lot of different music, from rock, electronica, country to hip hop, pop, rap and R&B. About 1/2 of my music is coded around 128kbp and the other 1/2 is around 192-256kbp. Should I get a less expensive earphone because I don't have lossless quality music and won't benefit from higher end earphones?
    The other options I was considering were Shure SE210, Westone UM1 and Ultimate Ears Superfi 3 or maybe 5.
    Any other suggestions for IEMs under $200 CAD?

2. NintendoChick macrumors regular

I don't know much about the headphones you're interested in, but have you looked into the V-Moda Headphones? I owned a pair of the Vibes, and they were the best I've ever heard. I couldn't believe the comfort and the sound quality for the price (I got them on sale at FRY'S for $70!)

Don't let the price fool you. If you haven't already, check them out!

3. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

Thanks for the suggestion, but the only way that I can get these in Canada seem to be through the internet, and I prefer to shop local. Also, they are around $130 + tax in Canada, so I don't know if I want to pay $130+ for a pair of $70 earphones.
    Anyone else with IEM suggestions?

4. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I bought a pair of Shure SE110 at Best Buy for $108 instead of the regular $129. Best Buy will match any other companies price so if you can find it cheaper on the internet, show them proof and they will go 10% below the price you found. I saved $20.

5. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

Yeah but their next day shipping policy makes saving a lot more difficult. I have found Shure SE210 for $150 on Canadian websites before, but next day shipping costs nearly $30. I usually hate hassle, so even though I could probably still save $20 if I decide to go with Shure, I probably wouldn't bother. I'm more concerned about the sound quality and performance to price ration anyway.
    Can anyone comment on the quality of their Klipsch or Shure earphones?

6. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

head-fi.org can definately help you out when it comes to higher end audio gear. As for me, in a huge fan of freqs (www.freqonline.com); searching at head-fi for freq will give you some lengthy reviews, etc. I love mine, they're amazing. Custom triple driver IEMs for that price were too good to pass up. And the sound quality and fit are phenomenal.

7. magid macrumors 6502

magid

Head-fi is a really great site with good people and good info, I havent been to freq but if its anything like head-fi it will be quality info

I havent heard anything about the Klipsch buds, but if you want a quality pair or buds at a great price I would check out the westone um-1

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

while the Klipsch are definitely not my favorite. They are in another league compared to the V-Moda's. They are not as good as their speaker reputation would lead you to believe, but if they fit, you will enjoy them compared to the JVC. The Shure's would be the only other alternative, but I doubt you will notice the sound quality difference, it'll be more about the fit and seal.

9. magid macrumors 6502

magid

Great stuff, I had the e2c a while back then moved to the e3c to the e4c and now I have the e500 which are absolutely amazing. You can't go wrong with any of their product lineup (or the westones as I mentioned as well).

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Either one are great, the older Shure's are more in line with the new Westone...

11. sargent bannana macrumors member

apple headphones if you care about style and not quality

skullcandy have been some of the best i have ever used

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Once again, your Klipsch Headphones are going to look nice. I understand that there is a fashion statement made when you are wearing the white ear buds, but the Klipsch Image look much better. And the Klipsch are going to blow the SkullCandy's away...

13. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

Haha I wish I could afford the Klipsch Image, but $350 is a little out of my price range. I'm going to the store and I think I'm going to get either the Shure SE210 or the Klipsch Custom-2. I'm leaning towards the Klipsch C2 because of it's dual driver.
    Thanks for the advice guys! Anymore last minute suggestions/comments? Can someone comment on the bass of the Klipsch compared to the Shure SE210?

14. br0nc080 macrumors newbie

I just purchased the Shure 210's, I really like them though I am not much of an audiophile (and I was upgrading from stock Apple ones). If you go in this direction I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Edit: I haven't listened to any bass intensive music, but from the reviews I had read it seems like the 210's are not as geared towards a heavy bass as they are for something like acoustical music that is more detailed