Klipsch Image S4 or Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SnowLeopard2008, Aug 29, 2011.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I need noise isolating earphones for college dorm use and I'm stuck between these two. The Klipsch Image S4 or the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4. The Klipsch are rated higher and more consistently than the Ultimate Ears on Amazon. Which one would suit my needs better?

2. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

If you have cash, go for the Shure SE 535's. I have a pair. I also have a pair of the B&W C5's. Extremely nice as well.

3. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Amazon has those for over $400! :eek:

I was looking for something a lot cheaper lol.

4. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

trust me you will not be upset with the is4 klipsch i have them and the only thing i could possibly critisize is the fact that a lot of earwax gets into the earbuds, and also the wire is starting to fray after about 1 yr of intense every day usage, but if you get the image is5 which are the more rugged model you should be all set!

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Do you mean: Jumpin Joisey? :) I'm from Piscataway.

Anyway, you are right, the Klipsch are good but to date only a few can match the Shure's or the B6W's but then again all hearing is subjective and relative.

6. justinLONG macrumors member

My only tiff with the klipsch s4 is that they easily catch on my clothing.

Aside from that they are the best in-ear headphones I have owned...... comfortable, they sound great, price was right (they might be cheaper now).