Klipsch s4 , soundmagic e10 , jvc xtreme Xplosives

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wow99, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Wow99 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    Im looking for a pair of in ear headphones and cant decide for which one to go for. It's about klipsch image s4 , soundmagic e10 and jvc xtreme xplosives. The important to me is the sound and conformability. .

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I have a pair of the Klipsch S4i earbuds and love them. Phenomenal sound quality.

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have the S4i's II (and the prior gen ones as well) and they are indeed very good for the price. I just "upgraded" to RHA's 750i's which have better sound and a much better mike than the S4's.

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Klipsch. I have a pair of S4's and a pair of JVC Xtremes, the s4's blow them away in terms of sound quality

5. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

I was going to get the S4's, they're popular. Though, ALOT of reviews said the E10's were better. I Love them! Using them as I type this Lol

6. magilla macrumors regular

"[You] love them!" Which "them" are you speaking of ... the S4s or the E10s?

----------

The RHA's 700i's "...have better sound..." in what way? Bass response? Treble? Volume output? What type of music do you usually listen to? Looking for a new set myself by my likes in music tend towards jazz & classical.

7. craftygeek macrumors newbie

I'm probably too late, I've got a pair of SoundMAGIC E10's - they do sound good, mid frequencies are a little thin for my liking but they do have plenty of bass & the detail is great. Here's a review with listening notes which may help: E10 review.

8. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

The 750i's sound better in that they don't muddy up the various frequencies; bass is strong where it should be (i.e. lows are bass-y while mids aren't played as bass-heavy as Beats or the Klipsch might do, highs are brilliant and clear). The sound stage on the 750i is also tremendous, as is the comfort comparatively. I use them for a large variety of music, from top 40 pop to classical to musical theater to live albums, and they do not disappoint in any setting.

9. tiartrop macrumors regular

I have S4i II, or whatever it's called, the one that's released in late 2012 and whereas I think the sound quality is amazing, comfort isn't that great. I do long hours flight and after a few hours my ears get really sore from wearing them (I tried all the different sizes earbuds), maybe I'm just cursed with weird ears but it's just such a letdown.

10. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Klipsch is a great brand with great quality sound. I've used the S4 but switched over to Klipsch Image S4i Rugged.

My only suggestion is make sure you

-buy them from Klipsch or a verified reseller. They are fantastic with their warranty but if it's not listed on their reseller list, they wont do anything for you.

- reinforce the jack with heat shrink tubing. The Klipsch headphones Ive had in the past always would break easily and this solved it.

11. TEHi macrumors regular

If you are looking for bass-oriented earphones, stay away from the JVC explosives. They have no bass at all, and are extremely uncomfortable as well. Image s4 sound is clear but it is not considered as bassy. I think soundmagic line are overall more balanced