Klipsch S4 Vs Beats Tour

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by soccerb12ku, Nov 8, 2009.

1. soccerb12ku macrumors member

I am trying to decide which pair of headphones I want to get. The Klipsch S4 or the Beats Tour. I can get either one for about $80 so retail price doesnt matter. I currently have the Bose In-ear Headphones and just want to try a new pair of headphones...

Also, is there any difference in sound between the S4 and the S4i? Because I would hardly ever use the microphone on the S4i and dont find it worth the extra $20.

Thanks for any help!

2. Ctt713 macrumors member

I am not sure about the Beats but I have a pair of Custom 3's and have been more than impressed by Klipsch. I have read and heard numerous GREAT reviews on the S4's so I would go with them. The beats have gotten decent reviews at best but it all depends on your listening style. If you are more a bass loving rap/hip hop kind of person maybe the Beats are for you but if you listen to more alternative music Klipsch are a very balanced headphone. As far as the attached mic I would not spend $20 on it unless you plan to use it much. From what I have seen they are the same technology just the mic is added in. Hope this helps.