Klipsch s4i 3G question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by candyman, Feb 19, 2010.

1. candyman macrumors regular

So, I was doing my final research on the used Klipsch s4i and noticed that the volume up and down functionalities of the wired remote will work with my 3G phone. It fully works with the 3GS and second gen iPod touch along with a couple other iPods.

So, as I will be upgrading to the next version of the iPhone later this year, I wondered if these will be compatible with them. I would assume so as they weren't released that long ago.

I just figured before I invested in them, I'd see if the consensus was that they will/should work with future hardware.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry

nobody can honestly answer this 100% or even 50% until after the next version is released. Apple does a vg job of keeping there new versions a secrete. It's part of Apples Marketing! ;) anybody can only guess!

3. candyman thread starter macrumors regular

I know. I just wondered. I'd rather not spend $100 to find out that they won't work with the next version of the iPhone, but on the positive side, I can always sell them on eBay!

Anyone own these using a 3G iPhone? I guess what it all really comes down to is the listening pleasure, even if some of the hardware functions are unusable.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

here ya go

92 real life reviews gotta love Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-S4i-P...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266677730&sr=8-1

5. candyman thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I love Amazon the same, as well as reviews/user reviews I have read on on CNet, gdgt, zdnet, gizmodo, engadget plus may other sites. As most everyone here is an iPhone owner, I thought I'd seek out some thoughts straight from the users themselves. My curiosity lies in if these will be fully functional in the next update of the iPhone.

However, I decided to just bite the bullet and found a slightly used pair on eBay for $75. Majority of the reviews are very positive. It will just be a bummer not to be able to use the volume buttons on the remote with my 3G.

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

I found the Klipcsh headset annoying. It would not stay in my each...too weighty

Sounded good though...

Little control pad also seemed easily broken.

I gave up on earphones and bought a BT Jaybird headphone. Happy.

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I just bought a pair recently and I really like them on my 3GS. Everything works the way it should with the remote. I wouldn't worry too much about future iPhones as it is rare for simple items like headphones to lose functionality. Of course, anything can happen, but like I said it's rare.

I am looking forward to Apple implementing AVRCP into the BT stack. I usually like to own a pair of wired and Wireless headphones. I have the old Moto s9's and I have wanted to upgrade to a pair of Jaybird JB200's but they have been out of stock. It would be nice if Apple gets AVRCP into the next OS version.

8. ZipZap macrumors 601

To address the question above they do fully work on a 3GS using 3.1.2

9. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

They'll work on the next iPhone. Apple has established their 4 ring 3.5mm TRRS standard in the market and they won't change for a while.

10. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

I was just about to say this :(
    i mean, if apple changes compatibily every year then people are gonna just ditch apple and stuff