knapsack vs. S & T?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ska397, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ska397 macrumors newbie

Could someone who's used knapsack please clarify a few things for me? I've gone to their website and didn't find the info i'm looking for. I want to know if, on knapsack you can plan a roadtrip the way you can with S&T. Specifically i'm looking for the ability to factor in driving times, fuel consumption, rush hour, road conditions, and scheduled rest stops and figure out where I'm going to be after eight hours on the road and book a hotel for the night. Do they update construction info? The website says it updates itself, but doesn't way what's in those updates. I'd also like to know what anyone's found the pros and cons of this program to be. Thanks!

2. bradwill macrumors newbie

Hi ska397,

Brad here from TinyPlanet Software, the creators of Knapsack. Thanks for checking out our app.

Unfortunately, Knapsack does not include street-level driving directions as you describe. I'm not aware of a Mac-based application that has the driving features that Streets and Trips has. The self-updating mentioned on the website is used to ensure you're always running the latest version of Knapsack.

Knapsack is available as a full-featured 30-day free trial (there are no features disabled during the trial). I encourage you to download a copy and take a look. Feel free to contact us via email if you have any additional questions. Our support email is listed on our website.

Cheers,
    Brad Willoughby
    TinyPlanet Software, LLC
    http://tinyplanetsoftware.com/