Kneeling up?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Does anyone else kneel up on their chair when working on a computer? To be honest I only do it when I'm really focusing on my projects, a subconscious decision like.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

from time to time but only when nobdy can catch me while doing so

on the other side i like to cross 1 leg under the other one so i'm essentially sitting on one leg

or i cross both legs while sitting on a chair... it is actually my most preferred

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I usually sit on one or both my legs so i have strange marks on them when I stand up.:D

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea I used to do that all the time when I had my eMac. Kneel over the back of my reclining chair with my ass up in the air. I got a MB and I don't do it anymore, probably because it's low on the desk. If I get another desktop i'll probably start doing it again.

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I used to do that too :D only during my jeans phase I would sometimes scratch the back of the wooden chairs since our first computer was in the dining room.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Sometimes I tuck one of my legs under the other leg's thigh when I sit at the computer, but I never kneel, unless I'm sitting at a kneeling chair, which I do enjoy.

7. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

No, never. I stay laid back with my legs streched out on a cushion, wireless keyboard in my lap.

Is that why my post-p sux?:p

8. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Sorry, not that flexible. My son, on the other hand, had a splinter or some such in his foot. He took care of it by putting his foot in his mouth. I told my wife that, and she said so? Turns out that my wife and kids are extremely flexible that way. I'm lucky I can cross my legs to put my socks on. :rolleyes:

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In the 80s, there used to be chairs, at least in the USA, that were specifically designed, backless, and made to sit in a kneeling posture. I guess they still exist, although it's been a long time since I've seen one.

Like this:

[​IMG]

I usually fidget between sitting up, leaning back sometimes folding one leg under me, crossing my legs, etc, etc. :eek:

10. kristiano macrumors regular

Every now and then I suppose. Like now, even subconsciously :p

11. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I tend to put my feet on the wall.

Its kind of a bad habit...

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Yeah sometimes I do the same...I jam my feet up between the wall and my desk, or wrap my toes over the windowsill that is behind my desk. Bad news with shoes on. :p

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I put my feet on my sub all the time. It's probably not good for it but it's right there! I'm sure it can take it.