Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imperil

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Oops I forgot to update this post with what actually happened.

Apple specifies on their store site that third party products are not to be returned through them, but you are actually supposed to deal with nVidia. I had no idea about that when I phoned as someone there found a way for me to return it to Apple and exchange for a new one.

I sent out the card and they shipped me a new one the next day. I put the card in the Mac Pro when it arrived and it works just flawlessly... there are a ton of reports on dead 8800 cards all over (both Mac and PC) and ironically enough I had one die on a PC just this week!

I have to say... I am pretty damn impressed at their customer service and ability to fix a problem asap. I won't hesitate to buy another Apple after this service (including two iPhones tomorrow woohoo! Even though it is with Rogers the wife and I are going to family plan it with the cheap $35 plan and then add the $30 per phone for the 6GB data... not exactly ideal but better than the original prices).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.