Knockoff iPhone Earbuds?

Colin Len

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I seem to have misplaced my OEM iPhone earbuds and really needed a couple sets anyway. I don't want to go out and pay $60+tax to get two new sets from Apple and was hoping there was a cheaper, but still quality, knockoff that was available.

I would prefer to have a knockoff of the original earbuds opposed to a different style or brand. And I don't need some fancy super high quality sounding ones - just something that works as well and is as durable as the OEM ones.

Found some on Amazon but the reviews make me a little weary. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I seem to have misplaced my OEM iPhone earbuds and really needed a couple sets anyway. I don't want to go out and pay $60+tax to get two new sets from Apple and was hoping there was a cheaper, but still quality, knockoff that was available.

I would prefer to have a knockoff of the original earbuds opposed to a different style or brand. And I don't need some fancy super high quality sounding ones - just something that works as well and is as durable as the OEM ones.

Found some on Amazon but the reviews make me a little weary. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
Go here. They are OEM earbuds but from 2010 or early 2011. I have two pairs and spent an hour trying to see if they were bootlegs, nope. Identical in every way.

http://www.all4cellular.com/apple-earphones-stereo-headset-with-remote-and-mic.html

They have great customer service too.

Colin Len

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Awesome, thank you! You specified that they are older headphones, is there a difference between the older ones and the newer ones?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Awesome, thank you! You specified that they are older headphones, is there a difference between the older ones and the newer ones?
Nothing as far as function or sound. They changed the way the cable enters the remote on the later 2011 models. Its a tiny change that 99% of people wouldn't notice. I use these everyday in the gym and they work perfect.

I have had the eBay knockoffs and those are horrible! Not worth $1. These are OEM for sure.

Colin Len

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Perfect, looks like I'll be ordering a couple (hopefully they don't actually hold you to that "limit 1 per customer" thing).

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.