Knomo Envelope vs BookBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macnoobizor, Aug 13, 2011.

1. macnoobizor macrumors newbie

Which case/sleeve would you rather have for your Macbook Air?

Has anybody seen/used both of these and can comment on them?

I really don't care for using the laptop while in the BookBook so that is one aspect of it that I do not need to really consider. I love the look of both of these sleeves but I am looking for a sleeve that doesn't add a ton of bulkiness to the Air (main reason I bought the Air in the first place).

The Knomo is a bit more expensive but it is really tempting me with it's good looks and sleek design.

So which one would you prefer? I know people's opinions vary on stuff like this, but I'll ask anyway.

Thanks!

Also, if anyone has the Knomo, could you please post a picture? Thanks!

2. eckthroi macrumors regular

I have the knomo sleeve. It is great. Very sleek and easy to carry. Looks nice when carrying it around. Especially with the 11" that I have as it does not necassarily look like it is a computer. The bookbook is a nice concept but like you I do not want to have a sleeve that stays on when I am using my Air. Only want the sleeve for protection and style when carrying it around. I have attached a photo. It really is worth the money I think.

Attached Files:

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

I've never been a fan of the bookbook look. I must be missing something.

4. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Got the knomo envelope and love it, its classy. Cannot comment on bookbook though

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

A sleeve that stays on? You do realize that you just remove the elastic straps from the corners of the screen, right?

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

The Knomo envelope is timeless and subtle. It does not draw attention, other than for it's sleek appearance and the patina that it will develop over time. It's nice to handle leather rather than neoprene or ballistic nylon. I might score a Knomo one day. Book book is a tired joke.

7. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Amen to that brother, and it wasn't even cool back then. Never understood why people like them, but I guess it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

It'd be even nicer if people wouldn't insult others when they make a different choice. Too bad, some people are incapable of doing that because insulting others makes them feel better.

9. rchip macrumors regular

I like the book book! If I pick up an air again i'm going to buy one :D

I think it's perfect for infrequent travelers, i'd use the macbook air naked at home (the machine that is) and then the book book doubles as a sleeve and a case you can leave on the macbook. Really cool idea I think.

10. honggil macrumors member

I got the BookBook too : ) It's very nice. I would recommend it! Great build quality, looks nice and is able to protect the Air really well.
    Don't know why people are bashing it. Best idea is go to a store to check both out.

11. glen e macrumors 68030

Tired joke my a$$.....total stealth and great build quality...and it comes out with one hand...

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

+1 for the Knomo. Very nice, classy, and I prefer my MBA nekkid...:cool:

13. Jamie37211 macrumors regular

+1 for BookBook

I use the BookBook with my 11" Air, but I don't often attach the straps to the device. I just unzip it, set the air down inside and close it up. It's a tight fit and I can just lift it out when I want to use it.

I don't own the knomo sleeve, but I've looked it over in the apple store here in town. Looks and feels very nice. It just wasn't what I wanted.

14. macnoobizor thread starter macrumors newbie

Ugh I just can't decide! Now I'm going back and forth between the Knomo and the Moshi Muse!

There's also the Wrapsol if I want a cheaper option, but I don't really know about skins...

ugh!

15. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Both the Moshi and Knomo look like winners to me. But isn't the Moshi $35? Shoot you can get one of those and a skin for the same price as the Knomo.

No regrets about my bookbook, but it's a personal preference for me, and it provides perfect cover for me and my line of work. Sure, a book that's not quite as nicely bound and antiqued may be better for stealth, but would detract from the overall ascetics.

Good luck with your decision.

16. Coarseman macrumors member

+1

Have BookBook covers on both my iPad and MBA.
    For me,nothing even comes close to the coolness and build quality of the BookBook.

17. macnoobizor thread starter macrumors newbie

Well after researching closely, I decided to go with the LA Robe Black and White. It was about $40 cheaper and has gotten rave reviews.

18. eckthroi macrumors regular

umm...... I didnt see that one on your list of queries. Anyways all joking aside it looks sweet. Let us know how the protection actually holds up once you get it. I wouldnt mind having something like this but I am curious if the memory padding will be useless from protecting the air from dents or not.

19. macnoobizor thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL I know, I was so indecisive and there are too many options.

I just felt that I'd rather get the LA Robe which came out to $39 CAD total (shipping + import fee from Amazon), then the Knomo which was $85+ tax. All I'm doing is putting it in a backpack so don't think the $45 is worth it just to get the slick leather.

I will let you know how it is once I get it. I may even post some pictures if I can.

20. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

I work at an apple retail partner in germany and I tried both. My personal preference is BookBook because it is simply way way cooler and offers better protection due to hardback quality.

Knomo is "just" simple leather hight quality sleeve. BookBook is handmade leather hardback protection that looks way cooler than anything else you can put your MacBook Air in.

FYI: I've been using BookBook with my old MBP and now with the MBA and I've been approached by random strangers who asked about the cool case. It works well with girls ;)

21. macnoobizor thread starter macrumors newbie

Well you confirmed my decision not to purchase it, because the last part of your comment is exactly what I don't want to have happen lol.

We'll see how this LA Robe turns out.

22. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

And bookbook for the win!

23. supermag macrumors newbie

17" macbook pro case

i bought this case, built for a 15"macbook pro, and then purchased a 17" and sure enough it actually fits my 17" like a glove. i dropped it off my sofa, with it still on, and not a scratch. i have had it for over a year, and still loving it. downside is they are hard to find as they are always out of stock. its is very durable and it has cool features, i know there are a few places in T.O. to get them, not sure if they sell direct from their site anymore.
    http://www.blackflymobile.com

24. honggil macrumors member

dude, it's a conversation starter! :cool: