Knomo folio for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Aniseedvan, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

Does anyone have one of these?
    Bit of a sucker for knomo stuff, I've got a small bungo messenger which I've had for over a year and now the leather is worn in looks better than it did when I got it.
    Just got the knomo envelope for the new MBA, which is also put together nicely and I'm looking for a new case for my ipad3.

I got the tucano cornice case which looked lovely but has pretty much disintegrated on me in 4 months, bearing in mind it's just travelled to work in the bungo and used on laps/worktops...

So I want to spend on something that might last a little longer and the knomo one might fit the bill?

2. danm28 macrumors newbie

Knomi iPad Cover

I also have a Knomo bag, the Kobe, which I think is similar to your bag, but it has pockets in the front?
    Anyway..back to iPad covers. I had the Knomo cover for my iPad 2, it was the smart cover in black with a grey interior lining. When I upgraded to the New iPad I looked at getting the Knomo iPad cover but it hadn't been released yet, so I opted for the Tumi http://www.caseluggage.com/tumi-apple-accessories-a14238-new-ipad-_and_-ipad-2-fabric-snap-cas-p-14238d~3-c-black.html cover instead. I know its a bit more expensive, but it is very strong, and takes all the knocks and bumps as I travel. I notice on the Knomo cover for the new iPad that they have changed the interior colour to brown instead of grey. I guess that just comes down to personal preference?

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Had one for a few days.

I had the Knomo for a few days. Very nice quality, but it did just not fill a niche for me. One surprise, while the interior color looks tan on the website, when you buy one from Knomo it is bright orange! Typing mode is very sturdy, but the cinema (horizontal) mode is not as sturdy as I would have liked for situations like use on a plane. I did like he fact it only had one bend on the cover. Overall nice, but I did not keep it.

4. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I agree...I have the Saxby messenger bag and love it...such great quality! I saw the case for the original iPad and thought it was very well-made and looked great but didn't get it since I didn't have the original iPad. Since I liked it so much and trying to keep the MacCase folio I had for the iPad 2 for my new iPad was a bust, I ordered one of the new folios this weekend. Haven't gotten it yet, but I'll give you an update on what I think when I do.