iPad KNOMO iPad Air Leather Folio case (with Pics)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by andrewbee, Dec 6, 2013.

1. andrewbee, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

andrewbee macrumors newbie

I have been patiently searching for a good case for my iPad Air and was not ready to pay £65 for the Apple Smart Case.

During one of my random searches for case and bag makers based in London, I came across KNOMO and read through the seven 5star reviews for their new iPad Air Leather Folio case. I decided to take the plunge with the black coloured case. (it also comes in Blue, Brown and Scarlet)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Features:
    • Leather case can be used to protect your iPad on the move, positioned upright for viewing movies & raised for typing.
    • Fully protective case with Sleep/wake magnetic closure on flap.
    • Soft microfiber lining with secure tuck-in tab to keep your iPad safe.
    • Form-fitted rubberised case.
    • Easy access to headphone jack/speaker.
    • Allows use of USB dock or SD card whilst in the cover. -
    • Fits iPad Air
    • Includes a 2 year warranty against manufacturing fault.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It comes with a unique ID and KNOMO customer service details embroidered on the inside of the front cover. Their promise is to help reunite you with your iPad (assuming the finder is kind enough to contact them) should you lose it.

The case is really nice to hold and the materials used, both the leather and rubberised case look and feel premium. Care has also been taken with the stitching around the case. It oozes quality and that is really telling in its presentation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Another key feature is the sleep/wake function. This has been a deciding factor especially when most of the products out currently have this missing.

I am definitely happy with this one especially with a 10% discount available on their website which brings it to £45.
    Enjoy some amateur photography taken with my iPhone 5s :).

[​IMG]

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

3. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

4. andrewbee thread starter macrumors newbie

It's certainly in the higher price bracket. I initially was waiting to see reviews for Belkin products and those cost £40 and above in the UK. I doubt they will be as good looking as these ones once they are released.

My other option was to buy a Speck case and mod it to have the sleep/wake function. But the cost would have also brought it to the £40 mark hence why this became a no brainer for me.

5. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I bought a Knomo bag a few years ago while I was in London, and still use it to this day. Great quality, and good looking too. I'll have to look into this case!

6. cagey macrumors newbie

Can you comment on how the horizontal stand up works for you? I saw a video review showing that the bottom edge of the case simply sits on the table/surface and uses the weight of the ipad to stay in place.

95% of my ipadding is done in typing mode and this Knomo case looks like one of the best ones out there that meets my needs of leather, folds flat, and doesn't cover the bezel.