Know anything about Outliners/Brainstorming Software?

bobkinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I want to purchase an outliner to help me organize projects, etc.

Can anyone recommend one for me? I just ordered my new Powerbook. Does it come with OmniOutliner? Is it the basic version? If so, do you recommend that it be upgraded to the Pro version?

What about the Curio Pro from Zengobi?

:confused:

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
My PowerBook came with both OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle. Both are awesome for brainstorming, putting together flow charts, and doing simple things that would be just as easy to do on paper. It just looks prettier on the computer ;)

Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I believe that the version of OnmiOutliner you get might well be the old version, but that would entitle you to a lower cost if you upgrade to version 3.

Comment

Linkjeniero

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
If you really care to attach videos and pictures to the files, they you should consider upgrading OmniOutliner. In my opinion though it's not really worth it; and it's definitely not worth upgrading OmniGraffle, since the only difference I can see with the upgraded version is that you can color and put shadow on the charts... maybe I'm mistaken, but you should try the included versions for a while and see if you really need the extra features

Comment

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
OmniGraffle is the way to go! However, if it's a new PowerBook, I'm not sure if it comes with it (or is it just Tiger on it's own that doesn't come with the goodies)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.