Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
So I'm looking to find the last ipod connected to a certain computer because i have a sneaking suspicion that someone has recently stolen my ipod. I know you can do it on mac by clicking the ipod tab then clicking the no ipod connected thing, but i can find that on a pc itunes, any ideas?

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Your post is difficult to understand. Regardless, what I understand is that someone has taken your iPod, and you have access to their computer?

Don't you think it would be better to talk to that person about it?

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
I'd talk to your girlfriend before I did this..

Spotlight com.apple.ipod.plist. Open it up in TextEdit.

Code:
bplist00Ò!WDevices_conn:128:Last ConnectÒ_002B420125AB315_000A217C472Ø  RID_Firmware Version]Serial Number_Software VersionYFamily ID_Updater Family IDYUse CountYConnected>[7J52FE8TJN1€3A§Ú? Ì›„Û    _Games Platform Version_Games Platform ID\Device Class3A¨zçzîÁã!€TiPod[[B][U]8L963EMKV6L[/U][/B]D²êìŠM -2EFXil?*ª¾]Õiæèõ p%9HQV[]

The bolded section should be the serial number of the iPod last connected. You'll need to look for your box or something else that had the number on it, because the actual name of the iPod doesn't seem to be recorded anywhere.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
i checked that out on my computer though, and it has every ipod ever connected to my computer on there

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
i'm talking on a PC, not on a mac.
know how to find last connected ipod on mac, not on pc itunes
Can you please edit your first post so readers can understand what you're talking about.

I'll look into things on the Windows side if no one else posts something. Only out of interest though, I really think words are going to go farther than any log.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Can you please edit your first post so readers can understand what you're talking about.

I'll look into things on the Windows side if no one else posts something. Only out of interest though, I really think words are going to go farther than any log.
If only you knew some of these high-school thieves these days. I've stopped trusting people once my LITTLE BROTHER stole my Nintendo DS that I got from my girlfriend for christmas last year. These little ****ers steal anything and everything. It's quite disgusting.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
If only you knew some of these high-school thieves these days. I've stopped trusting people once my LITTLE BROTHER stole my Nintendo DS that I got from my girlfriend for christmas last year. These little ****ers steal anything and everything. It's quite disgusting.
That's disturbing. High-school kids around here are a pretty good bunch. IIRC, worst they've done recently is release some grasshoppers in the cafeteria.

I looked into things on the Windows side and couldn't find anything for you. I'm not very good with advanced Windows stuff.. One thing you might want to do is report the iPod as stolen to Apple. I've heard that they flag it so that if anyone tries to have it repaired, or the battery replaced, etc etc they'll know it is a stolen unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.