Know of a great groceries app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Slevin, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

I'm looking for a great groceries app and I can't really find a good one I like in the App Store. I used to use this one called Groceries but the developer went to work for apple and hasn't updated it in over a year. So now I'm looking for suggestions...

Thanks

2. Unhyper macrumors regular

Unhyper

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

4. The Merg macrumors member

The Merg

Know of a great groceries app?

Check out Grocery Gadget. It's pretty powerful in regards to how much stuff you can put in about items and the amount of items already in it. There's a free version and a paid version and it shows up on the bottom banner, which I don't find too annoying.

- Merg

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Shopperlite. Once you build up your regular lists for each store its great. check off items as you cart them.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I keep it simple, I use the stock reminders app. I create a list for the 3 stores we frequent (add an item with the address of the store so the list open when I arrive at the store).

Doing this I can use Siri to add items to the list.

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

8. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Done that before too. Also you can show completed and uncheck items to put back in your list for next time you need them. Then just tap each one when you get it to mark it off. I have also added stuff to my wifes list via iCloud when she has already gone to the store. Nice option there too.

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I use AnyList. I like that it has a built-in recipes manager. You can go to a recipe and just tap on the things you need to get.

10. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

Another vote for Anylist. You can share lists, so I can add things to the list when I think of them at work, and the wife automagically picks them up for me!!

11. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I also use AnyList. My main reason is it's the only app I've found that lets you attach your own photos to items and save them in a catalog. Every other app that does photos I've seen just uses stock photos for a preset number of items they include (which are inevitably never the ones I want to buy.)

12. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

13. Paco II macrumors 65816

Same. Not the prettiest but bar code scanning makes this a winner for me.

14. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Define "great". Is anyone really looking for a "terrible" version of any app? What are you specifically looking for from a groceries app?

If you need simple and multiuser support I'd suggest OurGroceries. You have to build your own lists of stores, items and recipes though. There's also a web interface that you can use.

15. hernan1304 macrumors member

Personally I'm interested in this topic because ZipList (which I've used for a couple of years) is not being supported anymore. I liked it because when you started typing an item, it gave you a long list of suggestions so you didn't have to type the whole thing, and then it automatically categorized your list (dairy, etc.) so you could attack things in order at the supermarket. Anyone know of an app that does this automatically? I got Shoplist, but it relies on you to enter every single detail, which isn't great for me.