Known Bugs (with solutions)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CharlieBrandt09, Apr 30, 2015.

1. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Didn't see a thread on all the known bugs with possible fixes so I figured we could all post in one to make it easier.

CONTACTS GLITCH
    I posted about this before, but SOMETHING in a contact field causes the AW to crash/reboot when selected. I made this video to show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqiPpC1Gq18

Solution:
    The only solution I found was to delete the contact, and add them again with minimal information.

AW NOT CHARGING
    Last night, my Apple Watch showed it was charging on my nightstand when I went to sleep. Woke up this morning to almost no battery even though the charging icon was still lit.

Did some research and others have had this happen to them.

Solution:
    Hard reboot. Once I did a hard reboot, this fixed the problem...for now.

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I had the same thing happen, same solution. Almost makes me want to hard reboot it nightly before I put it on the charger, just in case.

3. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I had a problem with the taptic feedback not working. Resetting and NOT restoring from a back-up fixed the issue.

4. CharlieBrandt09 thread starter macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

It was disappointing waking up to a drained battery, but at least there is a "fix" for now.

5. bevbrown42 macrumors newbie

bevbrown42

Woke up this morning to a very HOT watch and 10% battery after it was on the charger all night. Took it off my wrist and put it back on the charger about 45 minutes ago and it has cooled down and now it shows 63% charged!

Its 38mm, ss and it came Tuesday. No problems at all until this.

$64,000 question: what caused this and is my watch OK NOW?!!!!!

I haven't called Apple yet but I'm guessing they don't know anymore than I do...

OP - thanks SO MUCH for making this thread!

6. Calismic macrumors member

I've had Haptic stop functioning twice now. In both instances, I simply opened the Apple Watch App on my iPhone, tap "Sounds & Haptics" and tap the "Haptic Strength" icon.

7. bevbrown42 macrumors newbie

bevbrown42

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

thats happened to a few people here. I've had my watch get really hot like that twice but it charged fully. Sometimes it is warm when I take it off the charger. Other times it's cool. Strange. Near as I can figure is that sometimes the charging puck isn't aligned properly. Heat gets dissipated sometimes.

9. mbhforum macrumors 6502

This happened to my wife's watch and I noticed that it only happened with contacts that had no email addresses associated with them. I added email addresses and it fixed the issue. There was no need to delete and recreate the contact. I reported this to Apple.

10. pshady macrumors regular

I've noticed that if you are having trouble with 3rd party apps not loading, closing out all apps on your iPhone helps. If this works for you as it did for me, please confirm.

11. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

For me some of the most obvious (and annoying) bugs are related to messages. I'll get a picture, or voice recording from a friend, get the notification on my watch that only says this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tapping the messages icon and going to the app shows the video/sound. I swear these notifications have shown the image/audio before, but now they're not... Don't entirely understand.

12. kodaker macrumors member

My watch will reboot every time I rotate around my contacts, sometimes going clockwise and sometimes the other way. Are you saying I should remove all of the contacts and add them back?

13. simonx314 macrumors regular

Siri flaky, unresponsive and/or freezes

Fixed by choosing "unpair" in iPhone app, pair again and choose "restore from backup".

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I've also got this and have been a bit confused. I've definitely been able to view picture messages on the Watch before.

Fingers crossed it's just a bug.

15. skintz macrumors newbie

Problem: When pairing my apple watch the fancy barcode screen didn't show up on the watch, it was just black.

Fix: (workaround) manual pairing option.

Problem: When my wife set up her watch and sent me "digital touch" and heartbeats I got notices saying that I received them, but they wouldn't play back. I could reply and send them to her, but if I chose her from the contacts list and selected the digital touch icon I would get an error.

Fix: Removed her contact from the watch and added her back fixed it.

Problem: My haptic feedback got weaker and weaker day after day (at least I thought so). I reset the watch as recommended here, and eventually it got weaker again.

Fix: Went to the apple store and showed them, they sent it in for repair and a replacement is being sent out.

16. CharlieBrandt09 thread starter macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

The contact that was causing this issue for me was my wife. It had 3 or 4 email addresses associated with her contact.

Now it has none and works just fine.