Known Issues of 21" iMacs (July 2010 Release)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jony Mac, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

I'm looking to purchase a refurbished iMac from the Apple Store (21" i3 Model), and I was wondering if there are any known issues. I have a friend who purchased a 24" a few years back and he says it would run hot all the time. He mentioned that due to this he had screen burn in, a failed super drive, and audio in jack as well.

I know he put his iMac to sleep when he was not using it, I dont know how often he shut it down.

Are there any issues I should be aware of?

2. Drewbie macrumors member

no open repairs/warranty programs for it at this time.

every computer has its fair share of problems but there is no general problem that plagues this refresh, especially for a 21 inch imac.

and refurb is generally stress tested more so than a regular computer

and it does come with a 1 year warranty just like every model. so i would say go for it

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

Thats what Im planning on doing. I think a refurb of this model would suit my needs just fine. Unless a refresh model is leaps and bounds better, im still holding out for this one.

5. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

AppleInsider has a link to a new base iMac for $1049 - only $30 more than Apple's refurb price. I believe it is "today only".

I am tempted but also holding out for the next revision to replace my 20" 2.16GHz C2D w/ATI1600.

6. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

Do you have to pay taxes on ebay for new computers?