Known issues with 13in C2D 2.66?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by altecXP, Mar 6, 2011.

1. altecXP macrumors 65816

I previously had a MacBook lLuminum unibody with the 2.4 and 9400m. Since that died I've been living on my work MacBook Pro.

Today I ordored a 2.66GHz 13in MBP from the refurb store. Is there anything that I should look for when I get it thats known problems with them?

The order came with 4GB RAM and 320GB HDD, but I have a 240GB SSD, 8GB of RAM, and yesterday I ordored an optibay so I can put in both the 240GB and 320GB. I may move to a 750GB HDD though just to fit more stuff. My current storage folder on my desktop is 1TB.

2. altecXP thread starter macrumors 65816

None I assume? I take delivery in 2 days and would like to know what to look for when I take it tout of the box.

3. skidmarc macrumors member

Assuming you are referring to the mid-2010 MBP, of which I have had mine for about 8 months, I have not ran into any issues. This is also my first Mac laptop so I also have nothing to reference my experience to other than Windows laptops.

I have seen a larger consumption of battery power with a SDD and 500gb HDD in my MBP, can't give you an exact figure but it is (in my eyes) significant though not something that would justify putting the ODD back in the machine.