Kodak Easyshare / iMovie import question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by papa deuce, Jun 18, 2010.

1. papa deuce macrumors member

I just bought a 21.5" iMac today - the upgraded one. My daughter has a Kodak Easyshare c140 digital camera. We shot a video on it and I hooked it up to the iMac with i movie open.

The Kodak camera screen goes black, but still is powered on, and iMovie does not see it in the choice for import window. All I see is the iChat camera.

I see in the camera functions that I have it set to NTSC output, but nothing is coming out, so I took the SD card out of the camera and I can view the movie after it is in the iMac SD slot, but I don't know how to take it into iMovie directly from the card... BTW, I am a total mac noobie, so don't shoot me.. I am pretty clueless.

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Use iPhoto to import the movie and then try this.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

3. papa deuce thread starter macrumors member

4. papa deuce thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a bunch! I put it in iPhoto and it was a breeze. :D