Kojima Site countdown hints

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, May 26, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This has been around for 2-3 weeks, not really new. :eek:;)

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

He should have left it where it is..... finished.

MGS4 was ****, it spent the whole time tying up all the loose ends.... and wasnt much fun to play..... I dont understand why he'd want to butcher the series anymore?

Kojima is turning from a fresh new director with his own style, into George Lucas, rehashing and ruining the legacy and name of all his previous good work.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I have to admit I never played it, but the vast majority of people seems to think that MGS4 was quite the masterpiece. :confused:

I tried MGS3 (Subsistence?) on the PS2 and I couldn't really get into it. Didn't care for the characters, and the constant overdramatic dialogue got on my nerves. So I stayed clear of MGS4, it just sounded like more of the stuff I didn't like.

I would like to try MGS1 when/if they release it on PSN. (Is that confirmed yet?) I remember trying it and enjoying the gameplay a long time ago.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

That's my opinion.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

IMO it's the best in the series. 1's just got the perfect balance of pretty much everything. The only downside is its length and its beatable in a few hours. Superb game though and if someone ported it properly to the PSP/PS3 I'd get it in a heartbeat.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Next time put in your RANT....IMO because thats all that was. I enjoyed MGS4 and its one of the best games this generation.

I'd much rather have my MGS games spaced out but this tittle won't hit retail for another two years so bring it on.

The real question: Is that Big Boss and Raiden or Solidus and Grey Fox?

Bless

9. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

It was hardly a rant, it was quite short and sweet and I stand by my point of view.

Ill do a bit of a rant to show where im coming from....

(this isnt an argument, its just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one)

Kojima once anounced that MGS2 would be his last MGS game. MGS 2 was a fantastic game, I played through it more times than I care to remember, and if he'd have kept to his word, he would left the series at the top of his game, leaving people wanting more.....

He made a big deal of his return to the series in the first trailer for MGS 3, showing that his ego had gotten in the way of the intergrity of his previous retirement anouncement.

MGS 3 was alright and tried something different, however suffered from some bizzare gameplay design decisions, and MGS 4 concentrated on sewing up all the loose ends, more than it concentrated on supplying good gameplay...... But most importantly it FINISHED THE STORY.

IF Kojima is making a 5th MGS game, as the rumours lead us to believe, he will be flogging a dead horse..... just milking it.

Sure it will be hyped up beyond belief and will make a bucketload of money, but the series needs another game. Whats the point in tying up all the plot lines.... then tacking on a 5th game?

He should begin a new franchise.... tell a new story with new characters..... he's a talented guy, he'd be able to come up with something interesting.

10. capoeirista macrumors 6502

MGS2 < MGS3

The End boss fight was one of my favourite ever.

New ZOE now please Hideo...

11. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

To add to jabingla2810's rant with my own:

I just picked up MGS4 last week, and I'm amazed how over-rated the game is. Don't get me wrong, it's beautifully put together, with great art direction & music.

But isn't not a good game. IMO, it's not even a game at all - it's a movie with short snippets of uninspiring gameplay sandwiched in between. Several scenes in the game which - in any game - you would expect to 'play', in MGS4 are reduced to cutscenes you merely sit and watch.

The storyline is ridiculous, cliché ridden rot. The characters and their 'back stories' would seem silly and juvenile in a Pokemon movie.

And who for the love of God decided that every single character in the series needs to give a gritty, 'deathbed monologue' before they expire? Once, twice in the series fine. But every single character? Talk about flogging a dead horse.. that idea is unoriginal, clichéd, and was rubbish to begin with. As dead horses go, it's "Godfather" dead. Though, this being Metal Gear Solid, this horse probably still has time to give an hour-long monologue on how it was raised by a band of ninja hamsters who lead it astray and now it regrets its sins...

Two of the main characters in the game spend pretty much the entire game slowly dying, and yet live on to play a part in the next instalment of this money spinning franchise.

I will admit, I did enjoy the latter part of the game, but only when I stopped taking it seriously and started laughing at it. I thought the scene where Raiden single-handedly stops Outer Heaven was one of the silliest, cheesiest scenes in gaming history, which developers would struggle to equal. But, the later scene where Raiden fights on, with his sword clenched between his teeth is the single most utterly naff, silly, stupid scene I've ever seen. I'd love to think it was a nod to Monty Python's Black Knight, but I think the series takes itself far too seriously for that.

And what on earth was that monologue about eliminating Zero so One cannot become Ten, or a Hundred? Did something get lost in translation? Did this seem clever, or incisive in another language or culture? They seem to have fallen victim to the illusion that by speaking slowly and distinctly, and being utterly obtuse, it will seem deep and meaningful.

I skipped MGS3 (thankfully), but given the reviews MGS4 was getting I thought it might have been a great game. Yikes.

Let this series die, start on something new, please.

(Now THAT'S a rant!) :p

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Hardly. Where are the CAPS BABY???!111111!!!:D

Hideo needs something new, even if it stays in the same genre. He should come up with his own story, but let someone else write it (that George Lucas comparison is spot on). The man knows game design, but he doesn't appear to know when to just.stop.already.

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo