Konica bizhub 501 volume tracking configuration?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zirngast99, Jan 13, 2011.

1. zirngast99 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    we recently got a new network printer in the office, which now features volume tracking (E.K.C.) - per se not a bad thing, but I'm kinda too stupid to configure it properly on my mac ... I appreciate your help very much!

The problem is that in system preferences|printers I can install the printer quite easily. When printing from word I browse in the print menu to print-out mode and activate the E.K.C-thing, no problem so far.

Sadly there are other programs like SPSS which do not give the full print-menu, thus I can't activate E.K.C. and the printjob gets rejected from the printer.

Is there a way (like under windows) to define the general print options? Say, the E.K.C is always on? At the moment the situation is quite inconvenient and quite often I forget to activate this thing ...

Thank you for your help!
    Patrick

2. zirngast99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Solved

Managed to solve the problem.
    In the print dialog (in any program) I did my costume settings and saved it as a preset, which then was the standard chosen for any further printouts.

Quite logical by now; but here the windows way is a bit more intuitive :eek: