Konqueror rendering issue

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by grahamperrin, Jun 30, 2015.

  1. grahamperrin, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

    grahamperrin macrumors 601

    grahamperrin

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #1
    Reading this alongside http://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21523627 (02:59 UK time today, Tuesday) and http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/posts/21529451

    There was, still is, a problem with Konqueror 4.14.3 rendering of the site. At first glance (Monday morning? Tuesday night now) it appeared CSS-related but I didn't get further than an anonymous view of http://forums.macrumors.com/ because I was more focused on testing the OS (PC-BSD) than the site; I simply proceeded to use a variety of other browsers with logged in views that were fine. I'll post this (from a Mac) then hop to the other computer to add a screenshot screenshots …

    Anonymous:

    anonymous.png

    No login overlay in response to a click on the 'Log in' button:

    login dialogue not drawn.png

    In the absence of the login overlay I used http://forums.macrumors.com/login then visited http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macrumors-forums-theme-change-and-new-platform.1888113/page-41 and disabled the Adblock extension, reloaded, re-presented the extensions dialogue for a another shot, closed the dialogue, reloaded and another shot:

    Adblock disabled, page reloaded.png again, reloaded.png
     
  2. grahamperrin, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

    grahamperrin thread starter macrumors 601

    grahamperrin

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #2
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://forums.macrumors.com/
    • 311 errors
    • 1,279 warnings.
    I installed kwebkitpart-1.3.2_4 but Konqueror crashes when attempting to load pages with that WebKit engine. I experimented with:
    Those crashes were no surprise; AppCafe observes:

    So I reverted Konqueror to the KHTML engine.

    The errors don't trouble me, but some of them might trouble some users of Linux and BSDs other than OS X.

    A selection of shots from that round of tests

    The 'Report' feature appears twice -- once within the TOOLS button, once as an exclamation mark ! alongside that button:

    tools, report, exclamation mark, report.png

    The Adblock exension was already disabled, I took the opportunity to also remove some Konqueror AdBlock filters that had probably been created during an earlier experiment:

    Konqueror AdBlock filters.png

    KWebKitPart appearing as the WebKit engine under general Konqueror behaviour:

    Konqueror with kwebkitpart.png
     

Share This Page