Koostik - Natural Sound Amplifier

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JerryISalive, Nov 30, 2010.

1. JerryISalive, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

JerryISalive macrumors newbie

I am interested in purchasing this for my iPhone but really cant find any reviews or anything on it. Has anyone around here bought one or seen one in person? It is a wood docking "device" that uses zero electricity to amplify the sound. I figured its a nice alternative to having a wired dock, and dont have to worry about a dock not fitting with my case. Only real downside I see is that you cannot charge while you are listening to the music. It is nice looking so even if you are not using it, it can be decorative. Any thoughts on this product?

http://koostik.com/

There is a video on their site that demonstrates how it works. I know it doesnt make the sound too loud, but figured it would be nice to have on my desk, just pop my phone in, and make the music more enjoyable to listen to since slightly amplified.

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

3. JerryISalive thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. The Griffin product you showed me does not say it is compatible with the iP4. Sorry, I should have mentioned that was the phone I would be using. I may end up writing them an email and ask if it would fit the iP4. Another concern is that my case on my phone may interfer with "docking" it. I really do like how you can charge it while the sound is being amplified. Thanks again though.

I was also looking at the Jawbone Jambox for the wireless experience but a little too pricey for me ($200) and the reviews arent too
    great on it.

EDIT: from Griffin site - Will there be an iPhone 4 adapter for AirCurve? There are no plans for such an adapter. With iPhone 4, Apple has moved the speaker to the opposite side of the phone, which means it won't be possible to use that device with AirCurve.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Doh! Sorry, didn't realise AirCurve wasn't compatible with iPhone 4.

5. JerryISalive thread starter macrumors newbie

Bought the Cherry face and Walnut body version, but I got it for myself as X-mas present so wont be able to write up a review until later next month. Ill be sure to post pics n such, but if anyone picks one up in the meantime, do share...