KRCS Apple Premium Reseller (UK) - Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jcbdrzr, May 4, 2010.

1. Jcbdrzr macrumors newbie

Hello, I've been following MacRumors now for a long time and I've wanted to get a Macbook Pro 13" for a while now. With the new refresh I decided now would be the time to get one, so I headed down to my local reseller KRCS, Leeds.

Apparantly they haven't had any of the 13" in stock since the release, and I've been checking back weekly to no avail. Last week I decided to put down a 'backorder confirmation' a deposit of 20% of the laptops price. This ensures that when they arrive, I have one personally on hold.

What are peoples experiences with KRCS resellers? Are they known for taking along time to get new Apple products in stock? I rang up the nearest 'official' Apple store which is in Manchester and they said they have tonnes in stock.

I'm a bit worried how long I will be waiting to get one, and when I should pester them to find out when they are coming (they said they would call/email me when its in stock). The deposit I've already paid towards the laptop is non-refundable, so I can't just get my money back and go elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.

p.s First post! ;)

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have not heard or used this reseller being from down south. But can I ask, why you do not simply order from Apple online all machines are currently 24hr shipping. Which usually means as long as you order by 1500, you will have it next day.

3. Jcbdrzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I would but I prefer to buy it from a store thats near by, as if there's any problems it's literally 15 minutes away to get to the store - rather than waiting days or weeks to ship it back to Apple. As well as this my current residence, being a university flat, don't accept large deliverys and they will usually be left at a warehouse, which is quite hard for me to get to without a car.

Also it's too late to do it now, as I've paid the deposit and it says on the receipt its non-refundable.

4. MacDannny macrumors member

Hi there, I bought an imac a few years ago from KRCS from the merrion centre in Leeds. They are not bad at all, but to be honest, buying direct is best.
    Dan